none
Baseline Gantt doesn't match the original gantt

Question

• Hi

I am using the 32 bit version of Microsoft Project Professional 2010(Version number 14.0.6023.1000).

When I basline a project that uses multiple calendars for its tasks , the two gantt bars in the tracking gantt view doesn't match for tasks not using the standard calendar.

Kindly revert with your inputs.

regards

Atul

Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No Julie it didn't help , in fact when i De-selected the "Round bars to whole days" the bars formed due to baselining vanished.

I installed a hotfix provided by Microsoft(project2010-kb2598351-fullfile-x86-glb) it seems to have resolved the problem.

The hotfix is available @ microsoft support website.

Thanx to both for replying

Regards

Atul

Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:49 AM

All replies

• Please provide more information.

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Whenever the date format doesn't include time with it(e.g 2/31/2013) , the gantt bars which are created in the tacking gantt view after baselining are not matching the original gantt bars.

But I don't face the same error when the time format includes time(e.g 2/31/2013 5:00 PM) with it.

Is it a known bug with this version(14.0.6023.1000) or is it how the gantt bars are supposed to behave???

Kindly revert

Regards

Atul

Friday, February 01, 2013 5:09 AM
  • Hi Atul,

Is there a difference in rounding the bars between the files?  Right click in the background of the Gantt chart and select "Layout".  De-select "Round bars to whole days".  Does that help?

Julie

Friday, February 01, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Hi,

No Julie it didn't help , in fact when i De-selected the "Round bars to whole days" the bars formed due to baselining vanished.

I installed a hotfix provided by Microsoft(project2010-kb2598351-fullfile-x86-glb) it seems to have resolved the problem.

The hotfix is available @ microsoft support website.

Thanx to both for replying

Regards

Atul

Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:49 AM