none
Problems with graphical indicators in Project Server 2010

Question

• Hello.

I have a problem with graphical indicators in PWA. The problems are this:

1. I create a custom field with formula and graphical indicator, when users publish in MPP the data isn't updating in PWA. I republish 3,4 and more times but information isn't uptade. Neither when i publish from PWA the data is update.

2. Another problem is that graphical indicator doesn't show value in Project Center. 

These problems don't occur in all projects, it's in specific projects and don't follow a patron.

Please any solution??

Best regards.

Friday, July 29, 2011 7:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I would recommend to install latest CU and SP1 (if possible) and see if you can replicate the error.

Anton Kravtsov

www.projectserverblog.com

Anton Kravtsov MCTS Project Server 2010 | www.ProjectServerBlog.com
    Friday, July 29, 2011 8:39 PM
  • When you open these project in MS Project and insert the indicator column, can you see the indicator then?

Could it be that the values for the formula are not maintained in these specific projects? ( especially if the formula includes a custom field?)

Let me know

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:43 PM
  • Can you verify your custom field definition exists under PWA>Server Settings>Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables? Or perhaps you are referring to a local project custom field. For example Text 1, Text 2 etc...

Open the project and press F9 to force the recalculation of the schedule.

Also check if calculations are turned on in the MS Project Professional client. File>Options>Schedule. 'Calculate project after each edit' set to 'On'.

Failling that, perhaps change your approach with the formula. Start simple to prove it orking and then add the complexity in sections to see where it is failing.

Regards,

Piet Remen

Regards, Piet Remen
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:49 PM
  • I had installed the SP1 and error continue.
    Monday, August 01, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Hi Marc.

The indicator column is showing information, the formula calculate in MPP when user publishing indicator isn't showing information in PWA. In MPP information is good (indicator column) but doesn't appear in PWA. The formulas are the next:

Formula 1: Iif([Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"Y","N"). This formula is showing an empty info in PWA in some projects.

Formula 2: IIf([% Completado]=0,IIf([% Esperado]=0,0,IIf([% Completado]=0,2000,  [% Esperado]/[% Completado])), IIf([% Esperado]=0,2000, [% Completado]/ [% Esperado])).  The field  [% Esperado] is a custom field and this formula is not updating in PWA. It show a value in MPP but in PWA another, user publishing several times but the data is not update.

Please help me with any solution because it is very critical for me.

Regards

Monday, August 01, 2011 3:20 PM
  • The problem is between MPP and PWA, in MPP data is good. When user publish data isn't update in PWA.
    Monday, August 01, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Hi, I have the same problem, Does anybody have any answer or work around about this?. My environment is PS2010 with SP1. Thank for your help
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:23 PM
  • I have seen this problem occasionally in various of my customers.  I do not know the cause and I do not know a vertain fix. 

You might try forcing a refresh of the Reporting database.  Or maybe delete the published version of the project and re-publish it (and re-associate it with its project site if necessary).

Reid McTaggart Partner DeltaBahn LLC
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:29 PM
  • HI Juan,

Insert the calculation coulumn in project, and verify as per your formula its calculating or not.

Might you have issue with formula where it not calculating, so its showing blank or error in that custom calculated field.

or use option called calculate project if the custom formula is working or not. if working fine try to save and publish the project in server.

• Proposed as answer by EPMAdmin Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:13 PM
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:13 PM
  • Juan:

Rename your custom field and do not use anything but alphanumeric characters. Your formula is good, the use of the "%" character is likely the cause.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:10 PM
  • Juan:

For the first formula, replace the ProjDateValue function. This function seems to confound PWA.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:12 PM
  • Hi, Juan, i have the same problem. Do u find any solution?
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Igor, what is the formula that is causing your trouble?
    Reid McTaggart Partner DeltaBahn LLC
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Same problem.

Works fine in Project Pro but does not update in PWA Views after project is published.  No special characters in the field name.

Task level indicators in the same project are working.

The field used to work for all projects but now doesn't after I added a 5th value and indicator.

Worse still, it's intermittent.  If you keep hammering it, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Does anybody have any updates?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:34 AM
  • DenisH

Can you please send the formula. Do you also use the ProjDateValue funtion?

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:40 AM
  • Same problem. Even changing customfield name, saving baseline, etc. Sharepoint, ProjectServer 2010 and Pro with SP1 e latest 2012 CU. Some projects in Project Central shows the indicator, other don´t. Tried with a brand new project and so on. Does anybody get solution?

Thanks 

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:59 PM