none
How can I create a Enterprise Resource Pool in Project Server 2010?

Question

• How can I create a new Enterprise Resource Pool in Project Server 2010 by using already existing project files from a previous version?

Since I am using the VM "2010-4a Project Server 2010" provided by Microsoft, I see a Enterprise Resource Pool already. Nevertheless I need to create a new one, using my mpp-files with local resources now.

Many thanks for any kind of help!

• Moved by Andrei Talmaciu Monday, April 26, 2010 7:46 AM (From:Windows Server)
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hello MSP_Tom

There isn't an upgrade path from previous versions of Project 2010 server beta.  If you are using the demo VM, I would suggest going into the Server settings and deleting all the projects, resources, etc and then importing the projects one at a time.  The same with the resource pool. 

Lot's of manual processes.

Michael Wharton, MBA, MCT, PMP

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, April 26, 2010 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hello MSP_Tom

There isn't an upgrade path from previous versions of Project 2010 server beta.  If you are using the demo VM, I would suggest going into the Server settings and deleting all the projects, resources, etc and then importing the projects one at a time.  The same with the resource pool. 

Lot's of manual processes.

Michael Wharton, MBA, MCT, PMP

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, April 26, 2010 3:31 PM
  • Hello Michael,

thanks for your help!

With "previous versions" I meant: project files from MS-Project 2000 and/or 2007.

If I understand you right, there can only be one Enterprise Resource Pool on the Project Server 2010, right?

So I have to delete all existing (demo) resources there and import my resources via my old project files (Add Resources -> Import to

Enterprise Resource Pool).

I'll give it a try...

Thanks again!

Tom

Monday, April 26, 2010 11:01 PM