none
Project Server 2013 Olap Data Connection Problem

Question

• I have created a number or Excel 2013 reports which use OlapPortfolioAnalyser data connection. Typically creating a pivot table. I can select any dimensions and measures and excel works as expected.  However if I include the Project list or Resource list it does not.  I have tried this in two separate instances but do not have a separate environmnent availabale but would appreciate confirmation or othrewise of the misbehaviour.

Steps are: (Assuming cube is built and permissions set correctly and using Excel 2013 client)

In PWA\Bi\Data connections navigate to cube folder

Double click on OlapPortfolioAnalyser – opens in Excel 2013 (warning about data connections being blocked)

Click Enable

In pivot select project list from pivottable fields

Save file (locally or to sharepoint)

Close file

Now re-open file

Excel displays warning - "We found a problem with some content in "xxx.xslx". Do you want us to try and recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of the workbook, click Yes.

Click Yes

Another warning is displayed (Repairs to xxxx.xslx)

Removed Part: /xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part with XML error.  (PivotTable cache) Load error. Line 2, column 0.
    Removed Feature: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable1.xml part (PivotTable view)

Click Close - you now see data but pivottable functionality is gone.

Note: this also happens with Resource list data.

How do I resolve this?

Thx

Mike

Mike Mahoney

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:08 PM

Answers

All replies