none
Alerts and Reminders in Project 2013 Online?

Answers

All replies

• Hello SJ_EPM

That an interesting observation.   I just looked and realized that it is not anywhere, (Project Online or Premise).  It looks like Microsoft removed the Personal Settings in 2013.   Maybe someone will let us know where to find it.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:39 AM
  • Thanks Michael for the prompt response. Actually it is available on the Premise version, but not on Project Online...just confirmed in two different Project Online environments.

I am now wondering if there is a setting like Premise settings that can be switched on for Project Online, but I can't seem to find anything related to that settings in SharePoint Admin area for Online version.

Hmm...hopefully all the Project Online SaaS people out there are listening. It is a key feature.

SJ

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Hi Michael and SJ,

alerts and reminders on-premises can only be set once you specify an SMTP mail server in the central administration PWA settings (changed from 2010). Can you configure this in SMTP in Project Online? If you cannot, you won't be able to set alerts and reminders.

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:17 PM
  • I agree with Adrian and Michael. Without access to Central admin , you won't be able to configure this setting, you might need to consider changing the permission mode to Project server, which will bring back classic view of Project Server settings page.  Again it also depends on whether Office 365 would allow to communicate external SMTP server or not.

If you have test PWA instance of Project online, you might want to test this.

Another options would be reaching out to Microsoft Office 365 support.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Just verified , Alert and Reminder setting still not available after converting permission mode from SharePoint to Project.

Looks like only option available is to check with Office 365 support if they can do it, or else this is not possible.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:10 PM
  • The option is not there in online. :(

Changing the permission mode only changes the security related components in Server Settings.

I am going to move this thread to the online forum, where hopefully someone from the product team can comment on or if not register this.

thanks,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:10 PM
  • Sorry all. I have been away and didn't get a chance to respond.

Thank you all for your help on this and I am glad to see that this thread has raised a few queries.

I will check with Office 365, but may have to wait for a very long time :-) 

Anyway. Will let you know the outcome.

Right now, I am trialing 'Our Cloud' by EPM Partners and this feature wasn't available, but after a request and within 30 minutes, this feature was switched on and is working perfectly!

Wonder if Project Online can do something similar. Hopefully! I need it for another client.

Thanks again all!

SJ

Monday, May 20, 2013 2:06 AM
  • Thanks for the update.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, May 20, 2013 7:40 PM
  • Hi SJ_EPM

Please type the url and go through the Page. it's available but click option is not available in Online version.

https://servername.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_layouts/15/pwa/notification/self_notification.aspx

Regards, Pankaj Waghmare - MCTS | Consultant

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, that works. And it is Mgr_notifications.aspx for 'Manage My Resources' Alerts and Reminders'. 

But I wonder why it is not part of server settings? What is so special about it that it is hidden? Anyway. That is something Office 365 guys would need to answer :-)

That will have to do for now only. I will update this thread if I find more info from Office 365 support team.

Thanks

SJ

• Edited by SJ_EPM Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Alerts and Reminders are not available online period!

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Page can be accessed using the URL trick given by Pankaj above.

https://servername.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_layouts/15/pwa/notification/self_notification.aspx

But setting it here does nothing. No email alerts. Can someone confirm if this is working or as Gary stated it is not available at all by any means.

Abhijeet, MCTS | abhijeetm@outlook.com

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:34 AM
  • Abhijeet,

Unfortunately this feature is not available with Project Online.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:57 PM
  • I can confirm Gary and Hrishi's postings - alerts and reminders are not available for Project Online.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:19 PM
    Owner