none
MS Project: This product cannot be activated because the product key is not valid.

Question

• Hello I bought an unopened, shrink wrapped microsoft project 2010 software package and have installed it last week.

I entered the product key when I installed it, whilst online and it worked fine.

However I didn't use the program for a while and now whenever I open it, it requests me to activate my product key online and then says that the product key is not valid.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling today and it seemed to be fine when I loaded it again, and selected YES to activate online.  However, when I close and reopen the application it again requests me to activate my product key, again stating the product key is invalid.

I seem to be able to use the application fine, but why is it having an error with my genuine product key?

NB I have Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint 2007 loaded to my laptop, and now VISIO 2010 and MS Project 2010, all running on Windows XP SP3 if this is relevant?

Thanks, regards Vanessa

Vanessa Elders
    Monday, March 21, 2011 8:35 AM

Answers