none
Tasks missing in draft

Question

• This may be a bug.  I believe I did the following and the following results occurred.

I created a project in PWA.
    Added 4 task to project plan, let's say task AAAA,  BBBB, CCCC, DDDD
    Saved the project usingPWA
    Published using PWA.

So far so good.

Went into Project Professional and open the Project.
    Added another task at end.  It was task EEEE.
    Saved and published the project plan again.
    Closed the project  professional.

Went back to PWA and open the project and saw all 5 tasks,(aaaa, bbbbb,cccc,dddd,eeee)

Went back to Project Professional 2010 to edit the plan and when I open it I only see the last task EEEEE.
    What is weird is that I only see task EEEEE in the project schedule and it starts at Row ID 5

Rows 1 thru 4 are missing.

Anybody seen this or have an explanation?  Where did rows 1 thru 4 go?

Michael Wharton, MBA,PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA

Friday, December 11, 2009 4:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did some more research on problem.  I was thinking maybe a filter was on.  However no filters are on.

Using Project Professional I open project again and only see task EEEE.  I export the project to Excel, and the exported project shows tasks AAAA, BBBB, CCCC and DDDD but theEEEE task is missing. 
    Friday, December 11, 2009 1:34 PM
  • Have you tried other views in Project Pro? (do the task usage views show all of the tasks?)
    Friday, December 11, 2009 4:33 PM
  • Yes, I did and what was weird was some views showed task AAAA, BBBB, CCCC and DDDD and other views showed on task EEEE.  I have since moved on and deleted the project, so I can't tell you which ones there were.

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSD
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 1:14 AM