none
How to specify custom number format using Project Server 2010?

Question

• Dear, Collegues,

did you try to specify non default number format for custom fields? For example, how to make project to show (non defaut two digit) but custom format like 0,0000 in PWA views?

Thanks,

V.

Vytautas Pievaitis
    Monday, August 01, 2011 7:39 AM

Answers

• You can make a text field which pulls in the data from the numeric field and customize the format.  We did that, remaining duration showed the decimals, we made a custom field which referred to the remaining duration which cuts off the decimals using the 'round' function

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately for the custom fields, you cannot define your own format. 

It will always appear in the default format. hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Monday, August 01, 2011 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding numbers "default format" - there are no possibilities to change it neither in PWA like Global settings, nor in Control Panel via regional settings… L - you must work with not more than two decimal digits only? - I think it is quite big constraint for MS project solution – does any workaround exists, then?

V.

Vytautas Pievaitis
    Monday, August 01, 2011 9:46 AM
  • You can make a text field which pulls in the data from the numeric field and customize the format.  We did that, remaining duration showed the decimals, we made a custom field which referred to the remaining duration which cuts off the decimals using the 'round' function

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:54 PM
  • Is there a way to limit number of values in a numeric Enterprise Custom Field? I'm trying to create a custom field with 04 as prefix+seven other numeric values.(Can i limit this number to Seven values only)

Your thoughts would be much appreciated

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 4:19 PM