none
Adding holidays to your project calendar

Question

• I thought you could click on change working time -->and click on the day that you wanted to set as a holiday and it would let you set the default to non-working time.  Please give me the steps to be able to add holidays to the standard calendar I am using for my project schedule.

Friday, January 14, 2011 6:36 PM

Answers

• JanPMP,

Beginning with Project 2007, setting up holidays and other non-working time, is a little different from previous versions.

In the Change Working Time window, enter each holiday in the exceptions list. By default each exception becomes non-working time but you can set up additional options for each exception by hitting the Details button to the right.

You can get more information by using the Help button at the bottom of the Change Working Time window.

John

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:16 PM

All replies

• JanPMP,

Beginning with Project 2007, setting up holidays and other non-working time, is a little different from previous versions.

In the Change Working Time window, enter each holiday in the exceptions list. By default each exception becomes non-working time but you can set up additional options for each exception by hitting the Details button to the right.

You can get more information by using the Help button at the bottom of the Change Working Time window.

John

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Hi there, Check the following link for a step-by-step guide from Microsoft Project 2010 How-To. Add a holiday to the project calendar http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/set-working-times-vacations-and-holidays-for-your-project-HA010351554.aspx#BMholiday Regards,
    Sharaf Azzain MCT, MCTS
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:20 PM
  • Hello JanPMP,

To an extend you are on-track ->>

You Select a Date on Calendar with Exception Tab Selected :

1.       The selected Date in Calendar becomes – Exception – i.e. it can be a Holiday or its working time could be changed.

2.       Holiday Case : Enter the Start & Finish Dates for Holiday based on Duration. At this selection -> Click on Details..it shows : Set working time for the Exception

a.)    Non Working – Select this

b.)    Working times

3.       Working Time Case: Select Working times (option b in above) - Say you want to make Every  2<sup>nd</sup> &  4<sup>th</sup>  Friday as Half Day - Then select Weekly Radio Button then select  Recur every 2 Weeks on Friday [Checkbox]. In time add 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Give Range of Recurrence.

So likewise you can use different combinations to define your Exceptions on a Calendar.

Sapna S
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:28 AM