none
Can Someone Please HELP Me Please!

שאלה

• Hello people and how are you doing? I think I am going to commit homicide of my computer. I need help – BADLY J I have several problems but be warned I am slow really slow. I know nothing about a computer but learning. So if you can help me please give step by step instructions like you would to a 2 years old ( Yes, a 2 year do know more than me LOL)

Operating System: Windows XP

Browser: Internet Explorer, AOL, Google Chrome and Opera (work purposes I have to use IE)

Programs Downloaded: Verizon Security Suite, PC Brother System Care, PC Cleaner, Wise Disk Cleaner, Hardware Helper and Microsoft Fix It Center.

Here are my problems:

1. It takes about 5 to 9 minutes for my computer to shut down and/or start up. What could be wrong? My computer sounds like it going to blow sometimes! Even opening up programs from my desktop takes forever.
    2. When I start my computer a “New Hardware” wizard comes up. I have not installed any new hardware. The window that comes up can not tell me what it is trying to install. It list source “Unknown”.
    3. When I try to print anything I receive an error message that states: The instruction at oxoo4o37ao referenced memory at oxoooooo10. the memory could not be “read”.
    4. When playing games, music, video, etc. either plays very slow and/or play and stop, play and stop or continue to buffer so much until you can not enjoy watching and/or play your game.
    5. My computer is telling low on memory. I do not have a lot of windows open and sometimes I am not online.
    6. Starting Internet Explorer it comes up to a blank page. My homepage do not load at all. It takes about 4 days for it to load – LOL No it loads very slow and when it does load I can be online maybe about an hour and after that it freezes or crashes. I clean the using the disk cleaner in hopes to improve this problem but no avail. AOL will also stop working by freeze, crashes and/or restarts.
    7. Another problem I am having is when I open Microsoft Word it ask for disk to install. I have done that and now every time I want to use Microsoft Word I have to reinstall.
    8. I have a pop up box with this error message: The software unknown software exception (oxcoooofd) occurred in the application location (oxo5239b27). I really do not have a clue about what to do here and or why this is happening. I just click “cancel” and it goes away until next time.
    9. Another warning I received is “shellrestart.exe.dll” Again I click “cancel” and it goes away until next time.
    10. My computer is trying to do security and/or software updates however I keep getting this error message that Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 can not be updated.
    11. Could you tell me how do I stop this error message: Icons randomly change to different icons. What icons I do not know!
    12. I have the security suite from Verizon however I was wondering is that enough protection for my computer?
    13. Why don’t my Favorites on Internet Explorer do not match. Another words I have saved certain programs on Internet Explorer however if I switch from my desktop to laptop (which is also sick and need 2 c a doc) those programs is not available. How do I get it to match?
    14. Okay now could you give some good advice here: I do a surfing on the Internet, Listening to music and movies, I watch a lot of news clips/videos, blogging, tweeting, email, etc. I get on a slow day about 100+ emails, some or most of my emails have attachments and/or links. I also work from home so this is really slowing things down for me. Could you please assist me in setting up my system to be not only good for working but enjoyable as well?

Note: Okay I know this is a lot and you are probably saying just get another computer BUT….I can not afford a new computer and I want to learn how to troubleshoot. These problems look like it happen over night. I have not enjoyed my work and/or my hobbies in a long, long time. All the assistant that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Many, many, many  thanks!

PS: I am also looking for Micosoft Excel 2003 or 2007. My disk is MIA and I can not find it online and I need that for a class ASAP - HELP LOL

**If I place my question in the wrong Category I am sorry but I didn't know where to go I didn't see "Others", so if this is wrong could you please forward to the right department or let me kow what to do. Thanks

KDCol

יום שישי 16 מרץ 2012 03:22

תשובות

• KDCol,

I'm sorry you are having so many problems with your computer. Unfortunately this particular forum is dedicated to support for a very specific application called Project that deals exclusively with planning and scheduling. I found a general Windows XP forum you might want to try, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp.

Hope you find help.

John

יום שישי 16 מרץ 2012 03:44