none
Multiple calendars within one project

שאלה

• I have a pending project that has two seperate operational calendars.

One set of taskd can take place Mon through Friday during a normal working day ie 8AM to 4:30PM

The other set os tasks can only take place Friday night 4:00PM to 12:AM, Sat and Sunday (normal working hours)

The weekend tasks are dependant on the completion of the week day tasks so if the weekday tasks are delayed then the weekend tasks cannot be started until the weekend following they normal start date.

I have assigned a special calendar to the project to reflect the working days based on the weekend work since they are the majority of the tasks.

The week day work only occurs at the beginning of the project and I though that I could creat a group of tasks and assign a different set of work days or calendar to them.

I was able to schedule the weekend work which occurs over 5 weekends but could find an opton to schedue the weekday tasks

• נערך על-ידי pjenk יום חמישי 15 מרץ 2012 16:05
    יום חמישי 15 מרץ 2012 16:01

תשובות

• >> Mon through Friday during a normal working day ie 8AM to 4:30PM

The above one is the "Project Calendar". It applies to all the tasks in the schedule by default.

>> Friday night 4:00PM to 12:AM, Sat and Sunday (normal working hours)

The above one is the "Task Calendar" for weekend tasks (containing working time definitions for 5 weekends), create it as a new calendar and assign it to the weekend tasks in Task Information dialog box. 

According to calendar hierarcy, Project will schedule the weekend tasks based on "Task Calendar". The tasks without "Task Calendar" will be scheduled based on "Project Calendar". In a nutshell, you just define the calendars and assign them, then Project handles the rest.

Pls see the related article for more information: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/create-a-calendar-for-a-task-within-project-HA010198091.aspx

יום חמישי 15 מרץ 2012 16:48

כל התגובות

• >> Mon through Friday during a normal working day ie 8AM to 4:30PM

The above one is the "Project Calendar". It applies to all the tasks in the schedule by default.

>> Friday night 4:00PM to 12:AM, Sat and Sunday (normal working hours)

The above one is the "Task Calendar" for weekend tasks (containing working time definitions for 5 weekends), create it as a new calendar and assign it to the weekend tasks in Task Information dialog box. 

According to calendar hierarcy, Project will schedule the weekend tasks based on "Task Calendar". The tasks without "Task Calendar" will be scheduled based on "Project Calendar". In a nutshell, you just define the calendars and assign them, then Project handles the rest.

Pls see the related article for more information: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/create-a-calendar-for-a-task-within-project-HA010198091.aspx

יום חמישי 15 מרץ 2012 16:48
  • In addition to Project User's answer of creating a task calendar for these tasks - take note if you have resources assigned to the "Friday night" tasks.  Unless your resources have the same working hours as the task calendar you created, you should check the box next to "Calendar" option in the Task Information dialog box, which states "Scheduling ignores resource calendars".  This will cause the task calendar to over-ride the resource calendars for resource scheduling on this task.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series

יום חמישי 15 מרץ 2012 17:34
  • Will the task durations in the above mentioned example be according to the task calendar (i.e weekend) or the settings done in options (8 hours per day, 20 days per week etc.)?

Will it be the same in Microsoft Project 2007?

• נערך על-ידי Kasper M-H יום שישי 23 מרץ 2012 12:15
    יום שישי 23 מרץ 2012 12:11
  • This thread has already been closed. Pls consider posting in a new topic.
    יום שישי 23 מרץ 2012 12:15