none
How to create a non-standard form in SharePoint 2010 using InforPath 2010

Pergunta

• Hello,

I have a SharePoint 2010 list.  The list has about 50 columns.  I have several audiences that use the list, most of whom only need visibility to a subset of the columns, so I created separate views for each audience.  I have used InfoPath to create a custom form for each audience that just displays the columns that that audience needs to see.  What I can't figure out, though, is how to upload those forms from InfoPath to the SharePoint site.  When I click "File->Publish-->Publish Form to a SharePoint List" it always overwrites the default "Edit Item" form associated with the SharePoint list.  Is there a way to have multiple, custom "Edit Item" forms accessible on a SharePoint list?  Or better yet, a different form that launches when you click "Edit Item", depending on your current view of the list?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Darren

sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 17:15

Respostas

• Hi Darren,

Have you thought about creating different views for your audiences instead whithin the same form?

Then you could add rules when the form loads to switch views depending on which group he/she belongs to for instance.

I am not sure if there is a way to have multiple IP-forms for a list.

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

• Marcado como Resposta Darren101 sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 19:36
    sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 19:04

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Darren,

Have you thought about creating different views for your audiences instead whithin the same form?

Then you could add rules when the form loads to switch views depending on which group he/she belongs to for instance.

I am not sure if there is a way to have multiple IP-forms for a list.

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

• Marcado como Resposta Darren101 sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 19:36
    sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 19:04
  • SPNiax,

I wasn't familiar with the concept of a "Form View" until you mentioned it in your post.  I just found that menu item in InfoPath.  l  I'll take a look and see if I can get it to work.  Thank you for the pointer!

Darren

Darren Miller

sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 19:36