none
Find Rule or Data Source infopath 2010

Pergunta

• Hi Everyone,

In my info path form I have deleted a data connection because it is redundant and I don't need it anymore.

Now I get this error "The Data Source 'XXX' referenced in the form template is not valid or cannot be found.", but I cannot for the life of me find which rule or data source the error is supposed to be talking about.

The rule inspector is all but useless because there is no 'find' option.

I have gone through all my dozens and dozens of rules and data sources looking for what is referencing this external data source but I cannot find it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

segunda-feira, 5 de setembro de 2011 04:47

Respostas

• One option (not so easy) is to look into the xsn file directly. Get a copy of the template-name.xsn file and rename it as .zip and unzip the renamed file. You will see the list of datasources as files.xsd (few copies for each) and rules are in the manifest.xsf file which is a plain text file and is searchable.
    AK
    • Marcado como Resposta MarsdeNation segunda-feira, 5 de setembro de 2011 23:10
    segunda-feira, 5 de setembro de 2011 06:45

Todas as Respostas

• One option (not so easy) is to look into the xsn file directly. Get a copy of the template-name.xsn file and rename it as .zip and unzip the renamed file. You will see the list of datasources as files.xsd (few copies for each) and rules are in the manifest.xsf file which is a plain text file and is searchable.
    AK
    • Marcado como Resposta MarsdeNation segunda-feira, 5 de setembro de 2011 23:10
    segunda-feira, 5 de setembro de 2011 06:45
  • Thanks for that, that was very helpful!

I still have not been able to find any references to the external data source, so that is a bit frustrating.

I suppose I will just have to not delete the data source, keep it even though it is not really being used for anything.

segunda-feira, 5 de setembro de 2011 23:47
  • I would speculate that you referenced this connection directly from a field, you need to determine what field would have been tied to the data source
    <Derek>
    terça-feira, 6 de setembro de 2011 12:19
  • i would like to suggest you that in infopath form there is a option called programming, in that just click on delete code button.

terça-feira, 6 de setembro de 2011 13:28