none
_CxxFrameHandler3 in msvcrt.dll (again)

Pergunta

• I have an MFC application that was developed in C++ 6.0 and am moving it to VS 2008. It compiles and runs fine in Vista (unmanaged)  but when I run the .exe in XP, it gets a runtime error because that entry point is missing in the msvcrt.dll version in XP.

In Vista, I have set the project to use MFC libraries statically but can't seem to find a way to get around the missing entry point when running in XP.

When I compile the same project in VS2008 running in XP, it compiles and builds but still gives the same runtime error. The entry point is still missing in the base XP dll so I guess that is to be expected. I was hoping the SDK would reference a different entry point.

I have no objections to using a separate version compiled in XP but can't seem to find the right combination of SDK and build options to create and link all libraries statically to avoid the error. I am wondering if there is an older/different version of the SDK I should use with XP?

Thanks for any help

Lou 
    Lou
    quarta-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2008 14:48

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• You cannot use the XP version of msvcrt.dll, you must use the version that came with VS200x.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marcado como Resposta Rong-Chun Zhang terça-feira, 16 de dezembro de 2008 06:53
    sexta-feira, 12 de dezembro de 2008 03:00
  • >> you must use the version that came with VS200x.

Thanks for reply, sorry for delay in coming back.
    I have gone back to VS2005 for the XP version.

Lou
    segunda-feira, 15 de dezembro de 2008 12:11