none
Driver Groups Explanation

Pergunta

• Could someone give me a run down on how driver groups work? I have one working, using the method in my screenshot below, but am unable to create a second one for use with Windows 7. I basically created a step called "Set Task Sequence Variable" and changed the inject drivers step to the nothing selection profile. If someone could explain the best practice for driver groups and their use with Make and Model associations, I would be eternally grateful. I am using MDT 2012.

My driver folder structure for Win 7 is as follows:

%make%\%model%\Windows 7\x86

quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 16:34

Respostas

• If I'm not mistaken you're correct.

All the task sequence variables that have xxx index numbers, applications, manditoryapplications, driver group and such always will need to start with 001, when you create a new subsection for example, that subsection also would need to start with 001 again.

Following this logic, each individual task sequence will need to have the drivergroup001 to start with, with the appropriate value attached to it. If you however wanted to add addition drivers to the task sequence you could add a second drivers group named drivergroup002.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz

If one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer".

My Blog | Twitter: @Schwarz_Stephan | MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCC.
    How to configure Windows RE/OEM Recovery Partition with MDT

• Marcado como Resposta Kevin Orrison quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 21:40
    quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 21:38

Todas as Respostas

• What do you mean by being unable to create a second one?

I do the same thing as you because I like to control exactly what drivers are going to be used for each model. My value is different, however. I'm using something like "Windows_7\%Make%\%Model%" and "Windows_XP\%Make%\%Model%."

What issue or error are you seeing specifically?

-Nick O.

quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 17:12
  • For some reason, when I create another called DriverGroup002 with %make%\%model%\Windows 7\x86 in my Win 7 ask sequence, it doesn't work. Does each group have to start at 001 in each task sequence?
    quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 17:17
  • If I'm not mistaken you're correct.

All the task sequence variables that have xxx index numbers, applications, manditoryapplications, driver group and such always will need to start with 001, when you create a new subsection for example, that subsection also would need to start with 001 again.

Following this logic, each individual task sequence will need to have the drivergroup001 to start with, with the appropriate value attached to it. If you however wanted to add addition drivers to the task sequence you could add a second drivers group named drivergroup002.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz

If one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer".

My Blog | Twitter: @Schwarz_Stephan | MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCC.
    How to configure Windows RE/OEM Recovery Partition with MDT

• Marcado como Resposta Kevin Orrison quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 21:40
    quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 21:38
  • When you add another 'Inject drivers' (Selection profile=nothing) TS after DriverGroup002 will do the trick
    segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2012 09:05