none
application form with approval workflow

Pergunta

• Hi,

i have to develop simple applicaiton form. Each user has to fill form than request goes to his manager and mager approves/ reject form request.

so pls guide how do i start developing this. pls guide.

thx

iffi

quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 07:02

Respostas

• Hi ,

Do you mean that you want to add an approval workflow on a form in SharePoint ?

You can design a form in InfoPath designer 2010 .Then publish the form to a form library .Add an approval workflow on the form
    library .In this way ,when a user add a form to the form library ,the approval workflow will start .

If I have any misunderstanding ,you can feel free to point it out .

For more information about create a form in InfoPath designer ,please refer to this site:

Creating form in InfoPath 2010 and publishing to SharePoint
    2010: http://virtualizesharepoint.com/2011/05/15/creating-form-in-infopath-2010-and-publishing-to-sharepoint-2010/

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

quinta-feira, 15 de março de 2012 11:10
    Moderador
  • Hi ,

Do you mean that you want to add a column named request by on the form ?Or this is a column in the list ?

You can use the default created by column instead of the Request By column .You can check ‘Require content approval for submitted items ’ in versioning setting of the list ,so that the Approval status column will show up in the list view .

As for the approval workflow ,you can create the workflow in SharePoint Designer .

1. Open the site in SharePoint Designer .
    2. Create a workflow in the list .
    3. Add a ‘Start Approval Process’ action .Set these
      people as workflow lookup .
    4. Set the start option for the workflow as ‘Automatically
      start when an item is created ’ .

Thanks

Entan Ming

sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 01:32
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• You can start with creating the application form in InfoPath Designer 2010. If the form contains no custom code you can easily publish the form. You also have to take a look at the default workflows available in SharePoint 2010. Could you use an existing workflow? If the question is no then you have to create a workflow yourself using SharePoint Designer. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Margriet Bruggeman

Lois & Clark IT Services
    web site: http://www.loisandclark.eu
    blog: http://www.sharepointdragons.com

quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 07:09
  • Hi,

can u give some tutorial reference.

basically i have to create vichel request form in sharepoint. any user fill viechel request form and it goes to his manager for approval or rejection.

pls give some reference to get started.

thx.

iffi

quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 07:32
  • Hi ,

Do you mean that you want to add an approval workflow on a form in SharePoint ?

You can design a form in InfoPath designer 2010 .Then publish the form to a form library .Add an approval workflow on the form
    library .In this way ,when a user add a form to the form library ,the approval workflow will start .

If I have any misunderstanding ,you can feel free to point it out .

For more information about create a form in InfoPath designer ,please refer to this site:

Creating form in InfoPath 2010 and publishing to SharePoint
    2010: http://virtualizesharepoint.com/2011/05/15/creating-form-in-infopath-2010-and-publishing-to-sharepoint-2010/

Thanks

Entan Ming

quinta-feira, 15 de março de 2012 11:10
    Moderador
  • Yes,

i want approval workflow on infopath form.

i have created custom list. Design info path from custom list and publish it to custom list.

when i click on new item form open and data submit to custom list.

i have field "Request By" so how the form field automatically populate logged user informaiton and save to library.

i have also status filed which show the status of aprroval Like pending / approve /reject

Once form submit it should be start workflow and approval request send to user manager.

psl guide how should i move further.

iffi

quinta-feira, 15 de março de 2012 11:57
  • Hi ,

Do you mean that you want to add a column named request by on the form ?Or this is a column in the list ?

You can use the default created by column instead of the Request By column .You can check ‘Require content approval for submitted items ’ in versioning setting of the list ,so that the Approval status column will show up in the list view .

As for the approval workflow ,you can create the workflow in SharePoint Designer .

1. Open the site in SharePoint Designer .
    2. Create a workflow in the list .
    3. Add a ‘Start Approval Process’ action .Set these
      people as workflow lookup .
    4. Set the start option for the workflow as ‘Automatically
      start when an item is created ’ .

Thanks

Entan Ming

sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 01:32
    Moderador
  • Hi,

on first line how do i select "Parameter : participants"

iffi

segunda-feira, 19 de março de 2012 10:48
  • Hi ,

You can choose Workflow lookup for a user .Then choose from the Workflow Variable and Parameters data source for the Parameter: participants .This line is just useful in my testing ,it is not necessary in your case .You can look for the users who will approve the workflow based on your requirement .

Thanks

Entan Ming

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 03:05
    Moderador