none
Direct Access Setting for a domain with the same domain name as internal as externa

Pergunta

• Dear all,

I have configured a Direct Access Server on Windows 2008 R2, but my internal domain and external domain have the same name, so When a Direct Access Client is on Internet, the computer thinks that is Inside the network, but obviously it is not there, so how can I manage the External domain, because the Internal domain We can not modify.

We need to get access to internal resources

Regards
    Thank you in advanced
    terça-feira, 24 de setembro de 2013 14:32

Todas as Respostas

• Dear all,

I have configured a Direct Access Server on Windows 2008 R2, but my internal domain and external domain have the same name, so When a Direct Access Client is on Internet, the computer thinks that is Inside the network, but obviously it is not there, so how can I manage the External domain, because the Internal domain We can not modify.

We need to get access to internal resources

Regards
    Thank you in advanced

More information:

I'm configuring a Direct Access Server, but my internal domain is "a.com.mx", the external can be out.a.com.mx? or how can I handled this Direct Access Server to the DA Clients on internet can access internal resources for example "x.a.com.mx"?

Thank you

• Hello Enrique De La Cruz,

Because same internal and external domain name may cause many potential problems, we didn’t recommend to set same internal and external domain names. If possible, please change the external domain to a.com.local.

In another hand, you may follow the suggestion in the following post to work around the issue.

internal and external domain name are identical. now what?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/forefront/en-US/28e71d05-2b49-40f7-9212-e178dc594555/internal-and-external-domain-name-are-identical-now-what

Personally I recommend posting the direct access issues to our direct access forum. It should be a more efficient way to resolve the direct access issues. Thanks.  

Forefront Edge Security – DirectAccess, UAG and IAG

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/forefront/en-US/home?forum=forefrontedgeiag

Best regards,

Alex Du

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Thank you for your answer, 

I already changed the external domains to this "out.a.com.mx", Is it work? Or I need to change to "a.com.local", like you set in you answer?

Regards

terça-feira, 24 de setembro de 2013 14:33