none
Forcing WSUS to Reboot 2012 server after updates complete.

Pergunta

• We control automatic updates by cycling two GPOs in and out because we only allow updates to occur during 1 day a month.

We have 2 GPOs,  1 sets updates to manual and the other sets them to automatic on Saturday at 9:00AM.   What we discovered is that Windows 2012 no longer reboots (if necessary) after updates are installed, it waits 2 days and then if no users have logged on to confirm the reboot it forces a reboot.  

In order for our maintenance routine to work properly we need Windows Server 2012 to reboot immediately following the installation of these updates on Saturday when the Auto-Install GPO is in place.   This used to work like this with 2008 and 2008R2 and this is new behavior for 2012. 

I found a discussion http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/755e3325-fd60-4332-baaf-fbd02885858b/a-restart-is-needed-pc-will-automatically-restart-the-next-time-you-sign-in?forum=winserver8gen about this issue, but the fix they outline doesn't seem to make sense to me.   Is there a new GPO setting I need to toggle to get WSUS Updates to perform as they did in 2008?

terça-feira, 19 de novembro de 2013 16:38

Respostas

Todas as Respostas