none
Can You Use Sharepoint to Backup a User's Data?

Pergunta

• We have a lot of users in the field that never make it back to the home office to back up on our server here. We also would like something a little more secure (and more difficult to lose) than flash drives.

Is it possible to set up a script that will back up a folder on a user's machine (ie. My Documents) to a location on a Sharepoint site (ie. a special document library)?

Thanks in advance!

S

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 16:20

Respostas

• Yes, that's doable. Using the webdav folder option (open folder in Windows explorer) you can map a drive to their library and then use a simple script to copy it.

Be careful though, you may quickly run out of space on your server. I recommend at least another site collection with it's own DB for this setup.

Have you considered a cloud app like SugarSync

@DavidLozzi
    DavidLozzi.com
    About.me

• Marcado como Resposta swhitfield quarta-feira, 7 de março de 2012 14:40
    segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 16:23

Todas as Respostas

• Yes, that's doable. Using the webdav folder option (open folder in Windows explorer) you can map a drive to their library and then use a simple script to copy it.

Be careful though, you may quickly run out of space on your server. I recommend at least another site collection with it's own DB for this setup.

Have you considered a cloud app like SugarSync

@DavidLozzi
    DavidLozzi.com
    About.me

• Marcado como Resposta swhitfield quarta-feira, 7 de março de 2012 14:40
    segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 16:23
  • Thanks so much! I'll have a look at that and at SugarSync too. I'll post again after we implement something in case anyone's interested.

Peace

quarta-feira, 7 de março de 2012 14:39
  • In the end, it looks like we're going to buy a server and use GoodSync for the remote backups. Thanks anyway for the advice, David! :)
    quinta-feira, 8 de março de 2012 19:18