none
Error while capturing Windows Xp image with MDT 2012.

Pergunta

• Hi,

here is the log file. please go thriugh this log and resolve my issue.

------  Applying bootable Windows PE image ------ LTIApply 
    LTI applying Windows PE LTIApply 
    FAILURE ( 5610 ): False: Verify File: \\WIN-0KLPXWQQGYL\DeploymentShare$\Boot\LiteTouchPE_x86.wim LTIApply 
    Command completed, return code = -2147467259 LiteTouch 
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005 LiteTouch 
    For more information, consult the task sequencer log ...\SMSTS.LOG. LiteTouch 
    Property RetVal is now = -2147467259 LiteTouch 
    CleanStartItems Complete LiteTouch 1
    About to run command: MSHTA.exe "\\WIN-0KLPXWQQGYL\DeploymentShare$\Scripts\Wizard.hta" /definition:Summary_Definition_ENU.xml LiteTouch 
    Property definition is now = Summary_Definition_ENU.xml Wizard 
    Microsoft Deployment Toolkit version: 6.0.1763.0 Wizard 
    Not Wizard = False Wizard 
    Property WizardComplete is now = N Wizard 
    Property WizardComplete is now = Y Wizard 
    Command completed, return code = 0 LiteTouch 
    Unable to copy log to the network as no SLShare value was specified. LiteTouch 
    CleanStartItems Complete LiteTouch 10/31/2011 11:53:46 AM 0 (0x0000)
    Unregistering TSCore.dll. LiteTouch 10/31/2011 11:53:46 AM 0 (0x0000)
    About to run command: wscript.exe "\\WIN-0KLPXWQQGYL\DeploymentShare$\Scripts\LTICleanup.wsf
    ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by LiteTouch, rc = -2147467259  0x80004005  

segunda-feira, 31 de outubro de 2011 06:29

Respostas

• Error 0x7b is something different. IT means that you don't have the correct storage driver installed. Are you running an IHCA? To get around this most IT professionals will create their images on *virtual machines* like Hyper-V. YOu won't need to load any special drivers, and even better the image you create will be pretty clean (as long as it's a generic image). Don, It's not clear from *where* you received the 7b, Was it within Windows XP? Within WinPE, or somewhere else? Be specific.

Additionaly, the "Sysprep and Capture" Task Sequence Template is great if you *already* have the image created just the way you want. However, if you are starting from scratch, I would recommend looking into using the *full* "CLient" deployment Task Sequence Template. That will allow you to deploy the OS, install applications, sysprep *AND* capture all in one automated process.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

segunda-feira, 16 de dezembro de 2013 04:19

Todas as Respostas

• That error means that you haven't yet generated boot images for your deployment share.  These are required before you can do a deployment.

To generate these, right-click on the deployment share in Deployment Workbench and choose the "Update deployment share" option.  Once you've completed the wizard (just use all the defaults), the boot images will be present.

-Michael Niehaus
     Senior Software Development Engineer
     mniehaus@microsoft.com
     http://blogs.technet.com/mniehaus

segunda-feira, 31 de outubro de 2011 06:52
  • can someone tell me the steps on how to capture an image of Windows XP. The most I find on Google is how to capture image of Win 7 but I need for XP. Here is what I did so far. 

1. Created a new Task Sequence 

2. Selected Template " Sysprep and Cature

3. Selected the OS " Windows XP Pro SP3

4. Task sequence created successfuly.

5. I know after this I need to be logged in to XP and from there to connect to \\servername\deploymentshare$\Scripts and lunch the LiteTouch Windows script file

6. From there I select the Task Sequence 

7. Enter my credentials 

8. Click next and the deployment finishes right away .

9. I know there should be a task where I can specify the location of the image to be captured but I dont get that. 

Not sure what I am doing wrong here but maybe someone can help me with this or point me to the right direction. 

• Editado ray09 quarta-feira, 27 de junho de 2012 15:43
    quarta-feira, 27 de junho de 2012 15:39
  • In the properties of your deployment share under rules make sure

SkipCapture=NO

Regards, ~P MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, MCP, CCNA

sexta-feira, 6 de julho de 2012 00:36
  • Hi

I need some guide as to creating an image for XP

Steps:

1. Created a new Task Sequence 

2. Selected Template " Sysprep and Cature

3. Selected the OS " Windows XP Pro SP3

4. Task sequence created successfuly.

5. Added Applications

6. Added Drivers

7. Updated deployment share

8. Created a new vm, XP os loads.

But the error blue screen " STOP: 0x0000007b

any idea on the mdt tools on creating this image, because this work prefect for Win7,8.

• Editado donSPD domingo, 15 de dezembro de 2013 15:39
    domingo, 15 de dezembro de 2013 15:38
  • Error 0x7b is something different. IT means that you don't have the correct storage driver installed. Are you running an IHCA? To get around this most IT professionals will create their images on *virtual machines* like Hyper-V. YOu won't need to load any special drivers, and even better the image you create will be pretty clean (as long as it's a generic image). Don, It's not clear from *where* you received the 7b, Was it within Windows XP? Within WinPE, or somewhere else? Be specific.

Additionaly, the "Sysprep and Capture" Task Sequence Template is great if you *already* have the image created just the way you want. However, if you are starting from scratch, I would recommend looking into using the *full* "CLient" deployment Task Sequence Template. That will allow you to deploy the OS, install applications, sysprep *AND* capture all in one automated process.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

segunda-feira, 16 de dezembro de 2013 04:19