none
Context menu on a column.

Pergunta

• Hi All,

I want to make edit and view context menu on a column instead of Title. By default context menu appears on title column. However in our list we have to hide title column.

Can anyone please suggest me how to achieve this?

Regards Amit

domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 11:31

Respostas

• Hello Amit!

You can easily do it with SharePoint Designer.

Open your list view in SP Designer, select any value of column you want to add context menu, [>] - this sign appeared - click on it and set "Show List Item Menu" item checked (You can also set "Show Link To Item" checked if needed).

My contributions: SharePoint 2010 Solution Installer

• Marcado como Resposta Restless Spirit segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2012 05:05
    domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 16:32

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Amit,

I am afraid that the feature you are looking for is not possible Out of the Box.

However, this can be achieved by deploying a new column through a Feature (this would need Visual Studio development approach)

Please refer the below link for help on developing the feature:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/16766/display-the-sharepoint-context-menu-in-list-items-on-another-column-instead-of-t

Another Option:

The Title column is the default column to give you Edit menu.  If the development approach is not feasible, then you may think of renaming the Title column to something else.  Renaming Title has some limitations. It will continue to be Single Line text field.  You may not be able to change the Field Type.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Editado KSDN domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 13:31 provided another option
    domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 13:26
  • Hello Amit!

You can easily do it with SharePoint Designer.

Open your list view in SP Designer, select any value of column you want to add context menu, [>] - this sign appeared - click on it and set "Show List Item Menu" item checked (You can also set "Show Link To Item" checked if needed).

My contributions: SharePoint 2010 Solution Installer

• Marcado como Resposta Restless Spirit segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2012 05:05
    domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 16:32