segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 22:03
We are Mac based client and looking to move from Bpos to 365... using outlook 2011... we have about 900 users which 300 of these are on PC... has anyone with high number of users on a Mac have moved form bpos to 365 yet, any advice or feedback would great...
I am Mus
- Editado I am Mus segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 22:03
Todas as Respostas
terça-feira, 21 de fevereiro de 2012 10:58
Hi I am Mus,
I have no experience with a bunch of mac, but it just do fine with one. It is the same procedure like it was for a windows pc. Just sometimes you have to delet the profil after the transition and reconnect it in Outlook, but this really don´t happend often. If you have so much user you have to plan and organized the Transition very well. If you had a partner, than you should have get a call for the planning. A few steps which are really important:
- Change your admin password that it fits the sercurity requirement of Office 365
- Check the clients that they all have the requirements for Office 365
- If you have a date for the transition, then set the autodiscover enteries and remove the "old" Single Sign One Tool
- Inform your user - give them screenshots of the new portal and guidlines how to work after the tranisition
- Depending on your rules in your company - Users can test their environment out of the Office 365 portal in which they can sign in before the transition, if the password fits the requirement. (I forget how long before)
Good planning is the most important thing for the transition :-) Mostly it just works much smoother than we thought thinking about the technical challenges in the background.
domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 20:50
Hi Mus, for your Mac clients, there is less to do, as there are no OS or Browser updates that need to be installed. Using Office 2011 puts you into perfect position for your Transition, but I would review the following which does discuss some of the configurations and usage of Mac clients in office 365:
Office 365 Online Help for Mac: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/search.aspx?q=Mac&s=all
I have an iPhone, iPad and two Macs, an MacBook Pro and iMac and all of these devices work great with O365 Services.
Above and beyond the PC versus Mac differences, I would make sure to create, IF you are using a custom domain such as contoso.com in the cloud, a DNS CNAME record for Autodiscover, such as autodiscover.contoso.com which points to autodiscover.outlook.com. This is the #1 thing we see admins forget to create and as a result rich mail applications are not able to "find" their MBX in EXO365.
Do this one DNS record creation task, make SURE that all BPOS users change their password at least once before Transition and review the above URL for the Mac and you should be set!
- Office 365 Online Help for Mac: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/search.aspx?q=Mac&s=all
- Office 365: Update and Configure Desktops: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff637611.aspx
Transitions Community Lead ...Ryan J. Phillips
- Sugerido como Resposta Ryanph [MSFT] domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 20:50