none
Security Groups were there and now they're gone

Pergunta

• Hey guys,

I spent yesterday trying to import my security groups into the FIM portal. I finally got it working and saw all of my groups in the FIM portal. This morning I hop into the console and my groups are all missing. I search the FIMMA connector space and none of my groups are there anymore. They’re still in my AD connector space though.

I have not manually set up any kind of schedule. This happened in my lab and my production environment so I’ve obviously missed something.

Any ideas what I may have missed?

Thanks,

-PD

segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 15:41

Respostas

• So this is embarrassing. I did not realize there was a difference between clicking on MY SGs and  Security Groups (SGs). When I clicked on MY SGs they didn’t show up, obviously since I didn’t manually create them. They all showed up when clicking the root.

Thanks for the help Paolo!

-PD

• Marcado como Resposta Phillip Dezon segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 17:57
    segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 17:57

Todas as Respostas

• You mean they were created in FIM and after a while they disappeared?

Check the requests: are there some "delete group something" requests? If so, who is the requestor?

Cheers,
    Paolo

Paolo Tedesco - http://cern.ch/idm

segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 16:13
  • The groups were imported from AD. I'm looking in the portal and I don't see anything other than the "update to group" from last night. I'm assuming that's what put them in.

what's strange is after I got it working last night I never touched it again. I went to test something in my lab (isolated environment) and noticed the groups were missing. I checked my production environment and the groups were there. I started troubleshooting my lab and a little bit later when to check my production environment's settings and the groups were missing there as well.

so basically, in both my lab and production my security groups disappeared without me running any type of sync. is that even possible?

i just verified, that the groups are in the AD and FIM connector space. they are also in the metaverse. just seem to be missing from the portal..

thanks,

-PD

• Editado Phillip Dezon segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 16:34
    segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 16:29
  • So this is embarrassing. I did not realize there was a difference between clicking on MY SGs and  Security Groups (SGs). When I clicked on MY SGs they didn’t show up, obviously since I didn’t manually create them. They all showed up when clicking the root.

Thanks for the help Paolo!

-PD

• Marcado como Resposta Phillip Dezon segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 17:57
    segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 17:57