none
Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.FunctionEvaluationException: Error encountered during evaluation of Sync Rule Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Pergunta

• Hi,

I'm trying to start a provisioning rule (FIM -> AD) for distribution groups and I get the following error during the sync process (on FIM MA) :

Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.FunctionEvaluationException: Error encountered during evaluation of Sync Rule: 'My SYNC RULE Name'. Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.FunctionLibrary.AttributeFlowMappingHandler.ExecuteOutboundTransformation(CSEntry csentry, MVEntry mventry, String strSyncRuleGuid, String xmlExpression, String workflowParameterTypes, String workflowParameterValues)

I've used the following link : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686261(v=ws.10).aspx

My Outbound rule works fine with Security Groups. I only get that error when I tried to create a new distribution group from the FIM portal. I don't understand the error. 

In the Metaverse, the distribution group is present (Scope : Universal / Type : Distribution)

Im' running FIM 2010 R2 with SP1.

Could you help me ?

Regards,

Jeremy

terça-feira, 7 de maio de 2013 13:43

Todas as Respostas

• jlemay,

This sounds like it could be a data issue.  Take a look at the values of the attributes used in any sync rule functions and ensure that they have data.  For example, the outbound flow for groupType uses the following expression:

CustomExpression(IIF(Eq(type,"Distribution"),IIF(Eq(scope,"Universal"),8, IIF(Eq(scope,"Global"),2,4)), IIF(Eq(scope,"Universal"),-2147483640, IIF(Eq(scope,"Global"),-2147483646,-2147483644))))

You will want to make sure that you have a value for scope and type in the MV so this function can be fully evaluated.  Take a look and see if there are any others.  If any of these attributes are missing a value you will get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. 

I hope that helps!  Let me know how it goes.

quinta-feira, 16 de maio de 2013 20:32
  • There is a rock solid chance that you are using accountname/sAMAccountname as anchor and not providing it in FIM portal. While creating DG in wizard you have no accountname field.

For further tshooting go to DG's advanced attributes and fill in accountname manually

sexta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2013 11:58