quinta-feira, 10 de março de 2011 16:34
Consider this scenario:
You have two organizations: org1.com and org2.com.
You create a mailbox in the first org: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You create an external contact for the first mailbox, in the second org.
You create a group in the second org, with the external contact as member: email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org as member (external contact, because you cannot add mailboxes from other organizations as members).
I discovered the following errors, which are clearly bugs (in the above scenario):
1. Error 500 is shown in the browser and logged in the event log on CAS when email@example.com tries to delete e-mails from OWA (or move e-mails) - after you close the window the error no longer shows in the same session.
2. The mailbox assistants do not run successfully on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox. An error 10021 is logged in the event log:
The MRM Assistant will skip processing mailbox ‘User:abcd28937-e4c5-47e8-bc57-6aa7571377da:0e403d87-41f4-4e8f-a02b-c1b09e001a6d:mailbox1.domain.com’. Exception details: ‘Microsoft.Exchange.Assistants.SkipException: Couldn’t get user information for mailbox ‘email@example.com’ from the Active Directory.
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ElcUserInformation..ctor(MailboxSession session) at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ElcUserTagInformation..ctor(MailboxSession session, Dictionary‘2 allAdTags) at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.SysCleanupSubAssistant.BuildMailboxData(MailboxSession mailboxSession) at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.SysCleanupSubAssistant.Invoke(MailboxSession mailboxSession, MailboxDataForTags& mailboxDataForTags)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.IL.ILUtil.DoTryFilterCatch(TryDelegate tryDelegate, FilterDelegate filterDelegate, CatchDelegate catchDelegate)’.
4. There are errors looking up the mailbox when you try to run cmdlets on firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox like Get-MailboxFolderStatistics.
All these are related to the external contact being created with the same e-mail address as the first mailbox.
Todas as Respostas
sexta-feira, 11 de março de 2011 11:55Usuário que responde
1. Didn't have that problem in my environment. I suspect this is most likely a configuration issues.
2. I do believe Managed Folder isn't fully supported in Exchange 2010 SP1 multitenant. I know it isn't specified in the Help File but I do believe it is one of the features that isn't supported.
3. What error did you get? Delivery should be scoped within that Org, so, if you deliver mail from org1.com to org2.com, it will go out and come back in and then the reply should be the same as well.
4. What's your syntax in running the cmdlet?
Regards, Kip Ng - http://blogs.technet.com/b/provtest/
quarta-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2012 15:12This looks to be known issue when a contact is crated across the tenants. Working on couple such issue, should be able to update later on what are the findings.
quarta-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2012 15:23
These are clearly bugs, but i didn't have a chance to test if the bugs are still there in SP2 /hosting.
sexta-feira, 13 de abril de 2012 08:32
This issue is being worked upon right now.
There will be a fix available for MRM execution issue shortly. I shall confirm the exact RU once I have the details to share.