none
Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.NoSuchObjectTypeException: No such object type "user".

    Pergunta

  • Hello,

    I have been stuck with this error for a while now with no luck. I have looked all over the internet and forums, including this one but none of them provide a working solution. The closest solution I could get was this article,

    http://kowalski.ms/2010/07/20/sharepoint-server-2010-supplementing-user-profile-imports-using-bcs/

    But, according to it, I have done everything right. The values for MossJoinAttribute andBDCJoinAttribute are also correct.

    I was wondering if anyone could throw some more light on the problem.

    Here are the errors logged in various locations,

    miisclient stopped-extension-dll-exception

    Event Viewer: 

    The extensible extension returned an unsupported error.
     The stack trace is:

     "Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.NoSuchObjectTypeException: No such object type "user".
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.Impl.TypeDescriptionCollectionImpl.get_Item(String Name)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportExtension.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMAExtensibleFileImport.GenerateImportFile(String fileName, String connectTo, String user, String password, ConfigParameterCollection configParameters, Boolean fFullImport, TypeDescriptionCollection types, String& customData)
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.0.2450.5"

    Here's What I am trying to do,

    1. I have created a User Profile Service that imports profile information from AD.
    2. We have a custom External Content type that we use to import additional Profile Properties from an ORACLE Database.
    3. Initially everything worked fine. Import from AD as well as ORACLE was successful.
    4. But, then we had to migrate to a different database. With the same Tables/Views/Columns
    5. We changed the connection string that the External Content Type was using to import data from the ORACLE Database.
    6. Ran Full Sync.
    7. AD Import Works, but BCS Import fails with the errors mentioned earlier.

    Thanks in advance.

    sexta-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2014 12:55

Respostas

  • After a lot of frustrating roadblocks with no clues, we have finally managed to resolve the issue. Although the issues were due to some really embarrassing human error, I hope it might come in handy for someone out there.

    This is what we did to troubleshoot the problem,

    • Created an External List using the same BCS connection and Custom Content Type we were using in the User Profile Synchronization Service.
    • Then, While trying to load Profile data into the External List, we received this exception,

    MethodInstance with Name 'ReadList' on Entity (External Content Type) with Name 'XXXXX' in Namespace 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ' failed unexpectedly. The failure occurred in method 'ReadList' defined in class 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ.ABC' with the message 'ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified '.

    • Upon googling the ORA-12154 error, we came accross the following article,

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dataaccesstechnologies/archive/2010/06/30/ora-12154-tns-could-not-resolve-the-connect-identifier-specified-error-while-creating-a-linked-server-to-oracle.aspx

    • That is when we found out that, there was a mismatch between the Connection Alias for the connection in the TNS.ORA file and the Connection Alias we were using in the Code for the Profile Import.
    • After fixing this problem, when we tried to reload data into the External List, we received the following exception,

    MethodInstance with Name 'ReadList' on Entity (External Content Type) with Name 'XYZ' in Namespace 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ' failed unexpectedly. The failure occurred in method 'ReadList' defined in class 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ.ABC' with the message '<Column_Name>'.

    • Upon checking the ULS logs and digging into the Stack Trace, we found that, there was a mismatch between the column names used in the code and the database (This was the new database and a few columns had different names compared to the old database).
    • We contacted the DB team, asked them to modify the column names.
    • Re-Ran the Profile Sync Job.
    • All Profiles were imported successfully.

    Cheers!

     
    • Editado Anshuman Dash quinta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2014 07:03
    • Marcado como Resposta Anshuman Dash quinta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2014 07:04
    quinta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2014 07:03