domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 23:35
I have 2 Announcement lists called Announcements and Expired Announcements. I created a retention policy that will call a workflow that was created in Designer to first copy the list item from Announcements to Expired announcements then delete the item in Announcements.
when i test this, the workflow fails with "the workflow couldn't copy the item. Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and columns settings"
i already made sure that the 2 lists has the same identical fields. the account i am using to run the workflow has sufficient permission.
i already tried all fields in the workflow settings when created by designer.
Any idea why this is happening? after finding a solution would i need a timer job to keep running the policy or the policy will run daily on a specific time?
Todas as Respostas
segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2012 11:00Moderador
Hi SharePoint Administrator,
Could you please try to start the workflow manually for a list item (not start the workflow from Retention Policy)?
If yes, there should no problem on the workflow. Then run these 2 timer job manually: information management policy (runs first) and expiration policy. And how to schedule the timer job is all depend on your needs. For example, if you have to move item from announcements to expired announcements daily, then set the recurring schedule to daily. If you need to move them weekly, then set it to weekly. Because it would waster servers’ memory, so please set a suitable running time and recurring schedule to them.
If you also unable to copy the list item by running the workflow manually. Please make sure:
1. Columns are the same.
2. Timer service account has enough permission on Announcements and Expire announcements lists.
3. Timer service account has enough permission on SQL database.
Thanks & Regards,
TechNet Community Support
- Marcado como Resposta Emir LiuMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator quinta-feira, 28 de junho de 2012 04:24
quinta-feira, 28 de junho de 2012 04:38
Apology for not coming back to you with test results but the issue was the workflow was not getting any lockup values when its run. the moment i fixed that everything worked fine
Thanks for your help.