none
SharePoint Retention Policy: Trigger Event

Întrebare

• Hello,

I want to setup a Retention policy stage to have a trigger event of date, modication, or creation (Preferrably Date) to activate immediately after the event has occured.  It allowed me to sett the Event time period to 0 Days without producing and error, so I assumed this would work. Well it did not.

Q1) Is there a way to set my retention policy stage to produce a workflow immediately after the event has occured? I want to do this for testing purposes so I can see quick results.

Q2) If I set the trigger Event type to date, how do I actually get my workflow to activate? I date column to my document and appropriate content type, but it does not hel activate my workflow.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you.

Jerry

13 iunie 2012 19:04

Răspunsuri

Toate mesajele

• Hello,

I would like to set up a Retention policy to trigger by a document/s date and have it repeat once a year.  How do I set up my library/documents/content types to work with this the Retention Policy stages tigger event.  I have not yet been able to trigger a workflow with an event type of date let alone with documentation modification, declaration, or creation.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thank you.

Jerry

13 iunie 2012 17:30
  • Ambarn,

Thank you But this is not the solution to my problem.  My Library and Folder Based Retention is already activated. Regardless, it is not a matter of me not being able to access the Retention policy settings; I can access them fine.

My issue is, once I have set up a Retention Policy stage, I cannot get them to run as explained in my prior questions.

I do not have access to The Central Administration.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions.

Jerry

13 iunie 2012 20:12
  • The main thing to get the effect of your retention policy is to execute those 2 jobs in sequence. Those by default are scheduled to run on weekly basis. If you want you can create a Power Shell script to run those job manually whenever you want. 

something like this (check this carefully before running.) same is the case for expiration policy timer job.

Add-PsSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell 
    $impTimerJobGuid = Get-SPTimerJob | Where-Object{$_.Title -eq "Information Management Policy"} 
    Start-SPTimerJob $impTimerJobGuid.Id

13 iunie 2012 20:27
  • Ambarn,

Where can I access and create a Power Shell script?

Where would I input the script "$impTimerJobGuid = Get-SPTimerJob | Where-Object{$_.Title -eq "Information Management Policy"} 
    Start-SPTimerJob $impTimerJobGuid.Id"?

I have heard of Timer Jobs, but do they require some coding? If so, that will not work since I am required to find a code free solution.

Jerry

13 iunie 2012 20:39
  • No extra coding, Just create a text file, copy those lines and save it as .ps1 extension

Go to SharePoint Management Shell and run that .ps1 file.

13 iunie 2012 20:46
  • Ambarn,

I appologize, I am not very much tech-savy.  So I saved the script you gave me in notepad as a .ps1 file (Not sure what file type that is).

I pulled up Windows PowerShell and cannot figure out what to type to run the .ps1 file.

Thank you.

Jerry

13 iunie 2012 21:41
  • check this link for PowerShell - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sp2010devtrainingcourse_sharepoint2010developerroadmaplab_topic4.aspx

When you search, you will get lot of PowerShell examples...

14 iunie 2012 04:05
  • Ambarn,

If I do not have access to the SP server, then I cannot create the appropriate power shell correct?

I don't believe I have access to our server.

Jerry

14 iunie 2012 16:02
  • contact the person in your organization who have access to SharePoint central administration.
    15 iunie 2012 07:51