none
DPM 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010 error "Backup Metadata Enumeration Failed" in DPM

Întrebare

• Hi, I have a SharePoint Foundation Server 2010 and on the same server a SQL 2008 R2 with default Instance.  When I backup the SharePoint Farm with DPM, I receive the error Backup Metadata Enumeration Failed and an event DPM-EM ID 3134 appear on the DPM Server.

On the Sharepoint server, I have run the ConfigureSharePoint.exe -EnableSharepointProtection sucessfully.  I have also run stsadm -o registerwsswriter.

When I launch vssadmin list writers, I see all vss writer without error.

On the registry, I don't have any key for version 12.  All key are 14.0 for Sharepoint 2010.

I don't use SQL alias or plugin like PDF in my SharePoint Server. 

What can I do to resolve this problem ?

Steve

Steve

13 februarie 2012 02:32

Toate mesajele

• Hi Steve,

I am sure you already looked through this thread as it looks like you have tried majority fo the fixes already.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmsharepointbackup/thread/47b9cd50-fe1e-4bce-9209-217d2ddd0981/

Look at the last response. He said it was a TIFF filter causing his issue. Any way you could be running the same?

If not are you running any other filters on your SP that could potentially cause the issue. Have you re-ran ConfigureSharePoint just for kicks?

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

15 februarie 2012 05:07
  • Steve,

did you manage to resolve this, i am facing exactly same issue. like you i have tried the various fixes to no avail.

Thanks,

Craig

4 iunie 2012 12:26
  • Steve,

did you manage to resolve this, i am facing exactly same issue. like you i have tried the various fixes to no avail.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Have you tried the fixes in this thread?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmsharepointbackup/thread/47b9cd50-fe1e-4bce-9209-217d2ddd0981/

MVP Mike Ressler had a good fix that works.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

4 iunie 2012 13:40