none
Windows Storage Server compatibility with DPM 2010

Întrebare

• Is any version of Windows Storage Server compatible with hosting the DPM server 2010 system.  It appears as though the minimum spec of DPM 2007 allowed Windows 2003 storage server to be used but DPM 2010 does not mention it.  Does it work but not technically supported or is there some reason why it cannot be used.

Thanks

Jon

30 iulie 2010 15:23

Răspunsuri

Toate mesajele

• Hi Jon,

I'm not aware of any restrictions / problems with installing DPM 2010 on Windows 2008 X64 Storage Server SKU.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    30 iulie 2010 23:02
  • Is there anywhere I can verify this since I am looking towards installing DPM 2010 and current documentation suggests it is not supported on storage server.  I am going to end up having to purchase a front end server with Server 2008 installed to ensure it is on a supported platform.

Jon

2 august 2010 08:06
  • Hi Jon,

Yes, I will get clarification from the DPM product team and provide an formal answer for you to take to your purchasing dept.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    2 august 2010 16:26
  • Hi Jon,

Sorry for the delay.  Good news, Windows 2008 Storage Server Sku has been fully tested and is fully supported for DPM 2010.

I will add a note to the technet site to make it formal for you to show your purchasing department.

5 august 2010 14:18
  • Many thanks, let me know when this is on the technet site.  Does not appear to be there yet.

Thanks again.

Jon

6 august 2010 07:37
  • Hi Jon,

Look at the "very bottom" of this technet page in the community content section:

DPM Server Software Prerequisites: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399021.aspx

Cheers

6 august 2010 15:09