none
How do I handle non-AD/Windows users in SSRS 2008 R2 SP1 (SharePoint Integrated) and SQL Analysis Services 2008 R2 SP1

Întrebare

• Hi,

first up, an apology for cross-posting into the SSAS, SSRS and SP BI forums, but I'm not sure where the answer will be found so I'm casting my net wide.

In essense, I have a SharePoint 2007 based Extranet that uses forms based authentication (using the AspNetSqlMembershipProvider provider) and I want some of these users to have access to some SSRS 2008R2SP1 (integrated mode)

The problem is that because I'm not using Windows authentication for the users on the Extranet, I have to use a trusted account for SSRS to access the datasource. And while I can set a specific account up in AD for this, it means that each different Extranet user can see the same data, which I don't want.  Each user has specific data that is available to them, so when they view the same report, they get differing results.

The documentation talks about SP/SSRS using a SharePoint User Token (in the "header"?), but there's no metion of how to leverage this in the report or it's impact on data coming from the datasource.

A potential solution is to parameterise every report and somehow push the current user into a parameter and then deal with it in the report, but even this isn't ideal.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Soon'ish
    Craig

23 februarie 2012 03:14

Toate mesajele

• OK, we've made some progress on this.

Turns out that at the report level you can lookup User!UserID which will return the SharePoint User, even when connecting using a Trusted Account.

So I'm getting "aspnetsqlmembershipprovider:user@email.com", which we're going to leverage in the reports, even if the cube itself doesn't understand/see this user. So essentially we're doing our own filtering over the top of the cube.

I'll update this post with the final outcome.

24 februarie 2012 01:19