5 martie 2009 11:43
I'm having problems enabling SCR in my Exchange 2007 SP1 environment. All of the Exchange servers have RU6 installed so firstly i'm experiencing the problem that appeared with RU5 as discussed here (http://blogs.technet.com/timmcmic/archive/2008/12/21/exchange-2007-sp1-ru5-error-regarding-replication-between-computers-in-different-domains-when-using-standby-continuous-replication-scr.aspx).
From that post i decided to try enabling SCR for another machine without RU5 installed as i'm not that keen to uninstall RU's 6&5 from my exchange servers. So on a x86 Vista SP1 client i installed the 32bit management tools for Exchange 2007 and then RU4. When trying to enable SCR from this machine i get the following error:
Enable-StorageGroupCopy : The Windows Cluster service encountered an error duri
ng function IsNodeClustered.
At line:1 char:24
+ Enable-StorageGroupCopy <<<< Server1\SG21 -StandbyMachine Server2 | FL
According to technet the error means Server1 can't contact Server2 but this isn't the case, i've checked DNS and all is well, i can ping and connect via UNC without any problems and i checked the remote registry services is running on both machines. Both servers have also been rebooted.
A stack trace of the exception give me the following info:
at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.ExCluster.IsNodeClustered(String nodeName)
rTarget(String nodeName, Int32& maxSG, String sourceDomain, Boolean fThrow)
and the innerexception gives me:
Indicates two revision levels are incompatible
At this point i'd welcome any suggestions as to how to resolve this!
All exchange servers are Server 2003 SP2.
6 martie 2009 08:03
Error: “The Windows Cluster service encountered an error during function IsNodeClustered”
1. Please try to set SCR again like the format below:
Enable-StorageGroupCopy -Identity "Server1\SG21" -StandbyMachine Server2
2. Please confirm if the startup type of “Remote Registry” service on both SCR source and target servers is “Automatic”
3. Please double check if correct node name has been input, same error was thrown as a result of an incorrect node name
4. SCR source and target servers can ping through each other and they all have static IP, right? Please also do a nslookup from source node to target node
5. Please run nltest /dsgetdc:<Domain Name> on both SCR source and target servers, and compare the output
6. Please run “Test-SystemHealth” to check the exchange
7. Please run ExBPA for health check
- Propus ca răspuns de santhoshsavar 26 aprilie 2012 21:57
6 martie 2009 16:35Hi,
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately none of it helped resolve the issue. In the end i uninstalled, RU5 and RU6 from a production Exchange server and was then able to enable SCR without the experiencing the IsNodeClustered problem.
FYI, while troubleshooting i took a network capture while running the Enable-StorageGroupCopy cmdlet, i could see the client resolving the name of the SCR target correctly and then connecting to the registry of the SCR target. Using regmon on the target the only thing it seemed to do was query the value of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\CurrentVersion, which in this case was 5.2 and then the cmdlet would report the IsNodeClustered problem.
Guessing I would say there was a problem with running the management tools on a x86 Vista client when querying a x64 Exchange server.
- Marcat ca răspuns de Alan.Gim 9 martie 2009 07:50
8 martie 2009 03:33Is the SCR target on a cluster?
9 martie 2009 07:50
Glad you solved the issue, and thanks for sharing the resolution at here
26 aprilie 2012 21:56
Hi james ,
resolved the issue by starting the remote registory service.
26 aprilie 2012 21:57thanks it helped me
- Editat de santhoshsavar 26 aprilie 2012 21:57