18 februarie 2010 17:17Hello all,
Here's a little background on our environment: 2 WFE and 1 index/excel services box. Both WFEs are running ForeFront with SP3 but no hotfixes. Sharepoint 2007 is on SP2 with no hotfixes.
Here's the problem: I've configured ForeFront to send email notifications in the past on this same environment and all went well. I changed the SMTP server used by SharePoint in Central Admin and since this change, no emails from ForeFront will send. Everything works correctly in regards to SharePoint sending email and I've had my email admins check to ensure the messages sent from ForeFront weren't being flagged as spam. The emails aren't even hitting server. I've also used Wireshark to capture all traffic sent to the email server from the WFE boxes and I'm getting nothing. We have a test environment configured exactly the same way as the environment that's not sending ForeFront emails and all works correctly. I've also double checked my Wireshark capture settings and am seeing emails sent to the SMTP server unlike in the broken environment.
So far to remedy, I've tried disabling and reenabling email notifications. This did nothing. I've also reinstalled ForeFront. Nothing. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
23 februarie 2010 14:55I guess this is a tough one to solve... Bumping in hopes someone will have an idea.
26 februarie 2010 16:20Moderator
Thank you for the post.
Please refer to the following article to configure Forefront Security to send e-mail notifications:
Nick Gu - MSFT
- Propus ca răspuns de Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 3 martie 2010 01:25
- Marcat ca răspuns de Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 8 martie 2010 01:53
26 februarie 2010 16:44Hi,
Are you seeing any errors in the progamlog.txt log file that relate to notifications?
1 martie 2010 03:23Moderator
I’d like to confirm whether there is any update about this issue.
Nick Gu - MSFT
1 martie 2010 18:46Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. To answer your question Alex, there were no errors logged in the programlog.txt. Nick, thanks for the link to the KB article. I checked all of those settings and everything is properly configured. I decided to "undo" everything in that KB article and reconfigure all the settings. I am now receiving emails from my one WFE. I'll post tomorrow to see if the other is properly sending notifications.
8 martie 2010 16:21I just want to clarify on the solution. Yes, it was partly to follow through with what the KB article explained step by step, but it was also undoing all of those steps and redoing them... It's almost as if the ForeFront interface was bugging out and needed all options reset.
First, I did the reverse of the KB article. I turned off all email notifications and saved these settings. I then went through and reconfigured email notifications and all works correctly.
- Marcat ca răspuns de Tiiiimmyyyyyyy 8 martie 2010 16:22