1 mai 2012 05:31
First of all I would like to inform you that I am completely new on sharepoint.
I have installed sharepoint server & in configuration wizard while I enter all the details related to SQL server it’s giving me error “Cannot connect to database master at SQL Server at <MYSERVERName>. The database might not exist, or the current user does not have permission to connect to it”
Sharepoint is on separate server & SQL is in its own cluster.
I checked below things
- Checked permission on SQL server. The account is having all the server role permission assigned to it.
- Tried entering Cluster name, exact active sql server hostname & also tried both names with their FQDN.
- Logged in with same user account (Which has all permission on SQL server) on sharepoint server & tried. Still same error.
- When I telnet to the cluster IP with port no.1433, the connection is getting failed.
- Windows firewall is turned off on all the servers.
Note: - I have a Lync server which is using the same database & working fine. When I run telnet from the Lync server, it’s also getting failed, but still everything is working fine there…. :(
Is there any way to identify if port no 1433 is opened or not, except telnet utility?
Your help is extremely appreciated!
1 mai 2012 07:05
Glad to let you know that the problem has been resolved.
The problem is that, I was using Windows Cluster name. I used SQL cluster name & instalce name (e.g SQLCluster\SQLInstanceName) then its worked fine... :) :)
- Marcat ca răspuns de Rock Wang– MSFT 14 mai 2012 06:51