Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtrare şi sortareUtilizaţi aceste opţiuni pentru a restrânge lista de întrebări şi discuţii.
- 453Jackie Shen în urmă cu 13 ore şi 14 minute
- 8131SPFriend 22 mai 2013 03:24
- 558Willgart1 în urmă cu 14 ore şi 28 minute
- 440SR_MCTS în urmă cu 12 ore şi 37 minute
- 997SQL24 24 mai 2013 09:01Ultimul mesaj Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employeeîn urmă cu 16 ore şi 11 minute
- 287SLNSH 23 mai 2013 15:33Ultimul mesaj Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employeeîn urmă cu 16 ore şi 16 minute
- 271swt1974 24 mai 2013 17:15Ultimul mesaj Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employeeîn urmă cu 16 ore şi 17 minute
- 282dragonMoon 24 mai 2013 18:52Ultimul mesaj Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employeeîn urmă cu 16 ore şi 21 minute
- 576anaylor01 25 mai 2013 00:50
- 393SPFriend 24 mai 2013 02:22
- 8101SPFriend 23 mai 2013 23:08
- 51257nicofer 4 august 2012 03:51
- 369Ray1127 24 mai 2013 21:39
- 372LearnerSql 24 mai 2013 19:59
- 32547xs2varun 4 octombrie 2011 02:18
- 8109jdyoumans 23 mai 2013 16:17
- 377SLNSH 24 mai 2013 13:31
- 270BKR1 24 mai 2013 17:08
- 251295AleshaDBA 22 august 2012 08:41
- 889pscorca 24 mai 2013 10:14