none
SkyDrive Add in for Office 2007 and 2003

Вопрос

• Hi!

I have read that there is add ins for the "Save to Skydrive"-functionality for Office 2007. My questions are; where can i download these add ins and is there an add in for Office 2003?

• Перемещено Donte Newbill [MSFT] 23 июня 2010 г. 1:00 To increase chances of receiving correct answer/resolution. (From:Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal)
    17 июня 2010 г. 13:53

Ответы

Все ответы

• Hi,

You can download Office Live Update 1.5 from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cc4beea9-b678-4fd3-b66c-ce7f953b0085&displaylang=en

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Помечено в качестве ответа Sally Tang 24 июня 2010 г. 6:57
    • Снята пометка об ответе Sally Tang 28 июля 2010 г. 1:12
    23 июня 2010 г. 6:14
  • There isn't one. Office Live Update 1.5 works with Office Live, not with SkyDrive.
    2 июля 2010 г. 7:12
  • Hi sally - does this really work with skydrive, though? i thought that add-in was for office live only, does it also provide teh ability to save directly from local Office 2007 (excle/word) up to sky drive?

Thanks

8 июля 2010 г. 19:35
  • In Office 2007, you can save the documents to Office Live Workspace after installing the Office Live add-in (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CC4BEEA9-B678-4FD3-B66C-CE7F953B0085&displaylang=lv&displaylang=en ).

However, as the Office Live Add-In is not compatible with SkyDrive, currently, we are unable to save the documents to Skydrive directly in Office 2007.

• Помечено в качестве ответа David Wolters 29 июля 2010 г. 15:26
    28 июля 2010 г. 9:15
  • In Office 2007, you can save the documents to Office Live Workspace after installing the Office Live add-in (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CC4BEEA9-B678-4FD3-B66C-CE7F953B0085&displaylang=lv&displaylang=en ).

However, as the Office Live Add-In is not compatible with SkyDrive, currently, we are unable to save the documents to Skydrive directly in Office 2007.

You say that you cannot "currently" save Office 2007 documents "directly" to SkyDrive - this implies that there is a way to save Office 2007 documents to SkyDrive by other means. How?

Does "currently" mean that SkyDrive will, at some point, become 'backwards compatible' with Office 2007? At the present time, having stupidly clicked 'upgrade' in Workspaces, I have (apparently?!) lost all the documents that were saved in my Workspaces!!!

• Предложено в качестве ответа andyquip 19 декабря 2010 г. 17:06
    23 ноября 2010 г. 14:51
  • As far as I can tell, the only way to share documents from Office 2007 to SkyDrive is by dragging and dropping them from their local folder to the SkyDrive folder.

Once again, MS has taken workable functionality and screwed it up.  The Office Live Update 1.5 worked fine with Live, but automatically uninstalls when you try to use it after upgrading to SkyDrive.  Are we all supposed to now pay for the upgrade to Office 2010 because MS has arbitrarily decided to no longer support Office 2007 in the way it did until recently?  I really hate the way MS not only removes functionality arbitrarily, but then makes it incredibly difficult to figure out what's going on, because all the materials extol the virtues of the new solution without ever pointing out the functionality that's no longer supported.  Try searching for guidance on Office 2007 and skydrive: MS's online help makes it very difficult to discern what's happened and in fact on one page still recommends a solution that involves installing Live Update 1.5, which then promptly uninstalls itself the first time you try to use it.  As noted above, it is simply not compatible with SkyDrive.

Really, MS, you need to stop treating your users as idiots.

19 декабря 2010 г. 17:17
  • And so I return to Google Apps...
    4 февраля 2011 г. 22:20
  • There is a solution for saving your documents to the cloud: it works only for google docs however. At http://www.offisync.com/ you can download a free add-iin you can integrate fully in Word 2007. Works like a dream. Of course Microsoft doesn't care for its customers at all, so there wil probably never be an add-inn to save to skydrive.

Another solution is to use Windows live mesh, your documents are saved to skydrive automatically when they change. This works very fast, but when you work on another computer you can't save it directly to the syncronised skydrive map. When you download it to your syncronised computer live mesh will sync it on skydrive (5 Gigabit)

Not really elegant!

14 февраля 2011 г. 13:23
  • Yet another marketing f-up from Microsoft.  Sky drive, windows live, compatible with this but, not with that.  I downloaded and installed the OffiSync product and really like the integration into Office.  I may just pay the $30 one time fee to keep complete office file integrity (or $12/year)

I work at a big company and I know how hard it is to get direction set and changes made but, MS really needs to get it's act together.

12 марта 2011 г. 21:14
  • There is a way to do this using existing Windows functions. If you access a document on Skydrive using Office Web Apps, you can choose to open it using your actual installed Office software. If you do that, the respective program will show a progress window saying something like "downloading file https://[six letters].office.live.net/[long number]/^.Documents/file.xlsx".

If you write down the path shown except for the actual filename, you can use the "map network drive" command of Windows explorer to connect to the Documents folder directly (or, presumably, any other folder), and then use it as you could use any other network drive, enjoying full DAV functionality for your Skydrive.

Office even recognises files opened using the network drive as coming from Skydrive and shows all the usual relevant information (other users editing the file, update status and such).

• Предложено в качестве ответа david gunnells 2 июня 2011 г. 21:15
    25 мая 2011 г. 8:57
  • Just download the new Skydrive app - it creates a windows folder which is synched with skydrive (so you have both local and remote copies of everything)  - you can then save documents from any application that uses File -> Save.
    8 мая 2012 г. 23:45
  • Where can the app be downloaded from?
    11 мая 2012 г. 15:11
  • Hi:

I just went to Sky Drive .com and downloaded newest edition.  However, it appears Sky Drive does not work with office 2007 or earlier, which to me, is an inexcusable lapse on microsoft's part to not care about the end-user, the person, but rather their wallet as it works with office 2010. Yes, the point was to be able to share, but only on Microsoft's terms.  It's a shame they also took the ability to share photos away as well.  And to think all those techies out there were giving unbiased reviews about how great sky drive was for free and allowing collaboration and sharing-guess they overlooked the fact you had to have Office 2010! Also the office Live add on is no longer available so why doesn't someone clean up this board and get rid of outdated, links to no-where garbage?

Bummer.

Linda's View aka Security4theTechNoSpeak

8 июня 2012 г. 16:37
  • I use office 2007 and skydrive together.

Since I store all my MS office files in a subfolder of MyDocuments all i had to do was move the MS Office Docs folder to the skyDrive folder.

that automatically takes care of my backup as well as synchs all the files to my other computers and devices.

I like the functionality and flexibility. :-)

Just waiting for convenient functionality like google docs to edit and share files in skydrive inside a browser.

• Предложено в качестве ответа UKdeejay 18 августа 2012 г. 10:25
    17 августа 2012 г. 18:13
  • "... Since I store all my MS office files in a subfolder of MyDocuments all i had to do was move the MS Office Docs folder to the skyDrive folder."

How do you move the sub-folder of (My) Documents to the SkyDrive folder, please?

18 августа 2012 г. 10:22
  • Just use whatever method you prefer when you move folders from one place to another on your PC.  When you've installed the SkyDrive app (available at apps.live.com/skydrive), SkyDrive appears as a location in Windows Explorer for example (look in Favorites on the left hand pane and you'll see it, where you already have Desktop, Downloads, Recent Places for example).

You can drag and drop the folder to SkyDrive, use cut and paste, or whatever you want.  When you look in SkyDrive online (skydrive.live.com) lo and behold your folder will appear as a 'tile'

Regards,

HenryDishtowel, Technical Account Manager, Microsoft UK

30 сентября 2012 г. 16:27
  • On SkyDrive you don't need to "publish" or make any special action to have your docs there. Just save your docs on your local SkyDrive folder, your files are going to be uploaded automatically just like you do with Dropbox or Google Drive. Then on your Skydrive account you can share ii and create Groups to share the same docs.

Joao 

• Предложено в качестве ответа WESREAL 12 января 2013 г. 20:20
    13 октября 2012 г. 17:12
  • "When you've installed the SkyDrive app (available at apps.live.com/skydrive), SkyDrive appears as a location in Windows Explorer..."

Tried this approach and received a prompt that the downloaded file was not a valid win32 app.

• Изменено jmj2 13 января 2013 г. 0:13
    13 января 2013 г. 0:12
  • "When you've installed the SkyDrive app (available at apps.live.com/skydrive), SkyDrive appears as a location in Windows Explorer..."

Tried this approach and received a prompt that the downloaded file was not a valid win32 app.

Because you're probably on Windows XP. The SkyDrive app only works with Vista SP2, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

Unfortunately, the switch to the new SkyDrive platform also disabled the ability to access it over WebDAV, which means XP users' only option is to upload and download through the web-based front-end.

Your last resort is to purchase an Office 365 account ($6 a month for a small business account with SharePoint) and use SharePoint as your online drive.

• Изменено steven.buehler 21 июня 2013 г. 17:29 Quoted post being replied to.
    21 июня 2013 г. 17:26