Does a list exist that lists all of the security settings available on a Windows 7 desktop/laptop that can be controlled by Active Directory policies?
4 мая 2012 г. 12:55
I am looking for a comprehensive list of the security attributes for Windows 7 on a desktop/laptop that are available and can be controlled by Active Directory policies.
I need to make sure that I can completly control the desktop environment and customize the environment based on the use of the hardware (i.e. traveler)
4 мая 2012 г. 15:47
1. I am afraid that this is very broad topic. What do you mean by "security attributes"? This is a very general expression. Security is complex ongoing process. IMHO I would start with target aspects of security and then try to pair them with what I could get from native operating system and third party software.
2. For GPO settings see http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25250
3. Pay attention to Bitlocker http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7324
4. Very usefull material is in Common Criteria Guides.
5. Try to look on security from the poung o view of forensics
- Помечено в качестве ответа Nicholas LiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 22 мая 2012 г. 10:06
4 мая 2012 г. 15:52
Thanks for the response ... To narrow down what I am looking for are the attributes on the Window 7 desktop that the end-user would interact with ... for example to allow a user to turn off the screen saver, adjust power settings, change IE settings...
I will take a look at the urls provided...
8 мая 2012 г. 15:00Модератор
Firstly, based on my knowledge, I’m afraid that there is no such list exists.
However, I would like to suggest checking Group Policy Object itself in Local Group Policy Editor and please focus on User Configuration -> Administrative Templates.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support