none
Laptop gets hot and shuts off

Question

• I can be on my laptop and then it gets very warm and shuts down can anyone tell me whats going on Thank You.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:03 PM

Answers

• I think you've got it. It over heats because of fan failure or blocked ports, etc.

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:25 PM
  • I had the same issue, blew some air thru the air vents, and the problem was solved.  Just be carefull not to open the compresor hose all the way, it may damage your fan assembly. 
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:51 PM

All replies

• I think you've got it. It over heats because of fan failure or blocked ports, etc.

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:25 PM
  • I had the same issue, blew some air thru the air vents, and the problem was solved.  Just be carefull not to open the compresor hose all the way, it may damage your fan assembly. 
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:51 PM
  • had this problem after upgrading to windows 7 - flashed the bios and all was better
    Monday, January 18, 2010 9:59 PM
  • I can be on my laptop and then it gets very warm and shuts down can anyone tell me whats going on Thank You.
    I too had the same problem and I sefered for about 4-5 months making my investigation for the root cause, after I put up my laptop for 30mins or 40mins it used to get off just like that! as if the battery is pulled off the system when its in ON position, some time it used to give a beep and off, at it was getting very dam hot, so when I took it to the OEM they said my HDD was courrepted and replaced it, also they said that there was ____ a lot of dust inside and it had become a stomble block for the fan blocking ventilation etc... now they get it cleanned since then I keep my laptop ON & open for weeks now nothing is happening.

So I suggest you either take it to a services centre ask him to clean it up in case if you're not aware anything about laptops & hardwares or otherwise just open up your laptop and blow air on the board using the small laptop air blower (very low air preasure) & cleanup the fan with a brush and dust-out and try this should work.

If this not works out the only solution to get it checked by the OEM as if there may be any h/w issues.

-Kanagal.

• Proposed as answer by SS. Kanagal Jr Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:16 PM