none
'Add-ADPermission' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet...........Error

Question

• [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Add-ADPermission "OU=Information Technology,OU=Admin Services,DC=test,DC=lo
    cal" -User test\CAdmin -ExtendedRights Send-As -InheritanceType Descendents -InheritedObjectType User
    The term 'Add-ADPermission' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Chec
    k the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:17
    + Add-ADPermission <<<<  "OU=Information Technology,OU=Admin Services,DC=test,DC=local" -User test\
    CAdmin -ExtendedRights Send-As -InheritanceType Descendents -InheritedObjectType User
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Add-ADPermission:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>

• Edited by supportsib Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:26 AM
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 1:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Get-ADPermission requires the Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell snapins, available with Exchange Server 2007 or above. You can use the Add-PSSnapin cmdlet to add them.

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Support

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 2:31 PM
  • [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin
    Add-PSSnapin : The Windows PowerShell snap-in 'Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin' is not installed on this
     machine.
    At line:1 char:13
    + Add-PSSnapin <<<<  Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (Microsoft.Excha...owerShell.Admin:String) [Add-PSSnapin], PSArgumentEx
       ception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AddPSSnapInRead,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddPSSnapinCommand

Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:15 AM
  • It seems that you don't have Exchange admin tools installed on this machine. Install the tools and then try to import the snap-in.
    Shay Levy [MVP]
    PowerShay.com
    PowerShell Toolbar
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Is this not related to role delegation? I thought that adding permissions through roles caused this
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:12 PM
  • Hello,

I had similar problem, get same messages when I use "Add-ADpermission" and "Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin". I dno't know how to verify if the exchange admin tools had installed or not, but I can use "Get-ADPermission".

PS, the exchange management shell wes running as administrator.

thanks.

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Hello,

I had similar problem, get same messages when I use "Add-ADpermission" and "Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin". I dno't know how to verify if the exchange admin tools had installed or not, but I can use "Get-ADPermission".

PS, the exchange management shell wes running as administrator.

thanks.

This topic has been closed for more than a year.  You will need to open a new topic with your question.

Please see: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/thread/a0def745-4831-4de0-a040-63b63e7be7ae

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, March 16, 2012 12:07 PM