none
Change the Registry Key

Question

• Hi Guys!

I need a big help !

I have this script that changes a registry key, (ok!), but is not default on the machines, because the name changes according to the login of the person.

Do you can make a script to change this path?

'
    '
    '
    '
    '

Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
    strComputer = "."
    Set objRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")
    strKeyPath = "Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Rafael Amaral\13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a"
    strValueName = "001e6612"
    strValue = "/o=VDC/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=VDCSRV81"
    objRegistry.SetStringValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath, strValueName, strValue

'
    '
    '
    '
    '

Thankful!

Rafael S. AMARAL

Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If I understand your intent, you're trying to make a change in HKEY_CURRENT_USER for a user's MAPI (Outlook) profile.

IIRC, you can find out the current user's default MAPI profile by reading the following registry value:

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles
    Value name: DefaultProfile (REG_SZ)

Otherwise you will need to specify the MAPI profile name, which can really be anything. The profile names are the subkey names of the Profiles subkey listed above.

HTH,

Bill

Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Also what you can do is run the reg add command:

REG ADD "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\%username%\13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a" /v Path /t REG_SZ /d "/o=VDC/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=VDCSRV81"

Friday, March 02, 2012 6:27 AM

All replies

• have you tried looking at using the %username% environment variable to grab the current logged in user?
    • Edited by thepip3r Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:03 PM
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

If I understand your intent, you're trying to make a change in HKEY_CURRENT_USER for a user's MAPI (Outlook) profile.

IIRC, you can find out the current user's default MAPI profile by reading the following registry value:

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles
    Value name: DefaultProfile (REG_SZ)

Otherwise you will need to specify the MAPI profile name, which can really be anything. The profile names are the subkey names of the Profiles subkey listed above.

HTH,

Bill

Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Also what you can do is run the reg add command:

REG ADD "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\%username%\13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a" /v Path /t REG_SZ /d "/o=VDC/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=VDCSRV81"

Friday, March 02, 2012 6:27 AM