none
powershell Script to install ,update, remove device drivers (Network adapters)

Answers

All replies

• Could you please provide me a powershell  script to update,remove,install device driver

Lakshman

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:50 PM
  • holy cow Bill. You are 100% unhelpful. He asking for help on a script,  not help on your form rules.
    • Edited by MecWolf Friday, November 08, 2013 10:41 PM
    Friday, November 08, 2013 10:40 PM
  • Did you ever figure out how to do this? I need the same thing.
    Friday, November 08, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Sorry you found this unhelpful.

Ultimately this is about fairness: If you want others to put forth effort into answering your question, you need to put forth some effort in asking a decent question.

This is a scripting forum where we answer scripting questions. It isn't a script-on-demand forum.

That said: If you want help, please start a new question and demonstrate effort in your question (here's what I searched for, here's what didn't work, here is my script, here are the errors I'm getting, etc.).

Bill

Friday, November 08, 2013 11:12 PM
  • This is a really old thread I know, but I too need an answer for the original question. I have searched a LOT for this particular question.

In fact, for uninstalling and installing drivers on any network device there doesn't seem to be a way to do it using powershell. All I could find is Remove-PrinterDriver on MSDN, which is obviously just for printer drivers.

Get-NetAdapter commandlets lets you change/configure the network interface but does not give any option to completely uninstall/install a new/old driver.

pnputil works but all it does is remove the oem[x].inf driver package rather than actually installing/uninstalling the binded driver on the network adapter.

Maybe I'm missing something, could you or someone else help?

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:57 PM
  • This is a really old thread I know, but I too need an answer for the original question. I have searched a LOT for this particular question.

In fact, for uninstalling and installing drivers on any network device there doesn't seem to be a way to do it using powershell. All I could find is Remove-PrinterDriver on MSDN, which is obviously just for printer drivers.

Get-NetAdapter commandlets lets you change/configure the network interface but does not give any option to completely uninstall/install a new/old driver.

pnputil works but all it does is remove the oem[x].inf driver package rather than actually installing/uninstalling the binded driver on the network adapter.

Maybe I'm missing something, could you or someone else help?

Thanks!

You are asking deployment and configuration questions in a scripting forum.  You will not find an answer.  Windows installs drivers automatically for most hardware when it is connected.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:16 PM
  • Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:20 PM