none
Custom Batch File Question

Question

• Hello,

I am in the process of creating a Windows 7 batch file that has the following requirements:

1. Deletes an old shortcut from C:\

2. Deletes a folder from C:\ with a specifc name "Council"

3. Copies a folder from a network drive to C:\

4. Copies a new shortcut from a network drive to the following location: C:\Users\Public\Public Desktop

5. Generates a report that all actions succeeded to a textfile.

I am novice script writer and I have been piecing this together based on articles that I have found on the Internet.  So far,

I have been able to satisfy requirement # 1

Would anyone mind sharing any of their knowedge to assist with this task? Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let's see the script (batch file) you're working on so far. Also please tell what error(s) you're getting and which lines of your script are generating errors.

Bill

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:01 PM

All replies

• What is the purpose? It sounds like you're uninstalling an old application and installing a new application.

Bill

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:30 PM
  • We have a large meeting that I provide support for on a government contract. We have to load a folder with Adobe PDF files on to several laptops. During the process, we need to copy a folder with adobe pdf files to the C drive (this is requirement #3). Next we, have to create a shortcut to the index file for the Adobe PDF files in C:\Users\Public\Public Desktop so anyone who logs into the laptop can access the shortcut to the adobe files on the laptop (this is requirement # 4). We typically delete the folder with the adobe files from the last meeting (this  is requirement # 2). This folder has a name that typically includes the word "Council." Then, we typically delete the old shortcut to the Adobe Files from the last meeting (this is the requirment # 1). I'd like to automate this process with a batch file since we typically have to do this manually on 15 or more laptops. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

Let's see the script (batch file) you're working on so far. Also please tell what error(s) you're getting and which lines of your script are generating errors.

Bill

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:01 PM