There's a book out called 'Learn Python the Hard Way' and it wants to run the exercises in PowerShell, which no one apparently knows much about, I just need to do a couple of simple functions, I just don't know how to do them and I don't
see how online. Here's an excerpt : "
8. You should be back at a prompt similar to what you had before you typed python. If not ﬁnd out why.
9. Learn how to make a directory in the Terminal. Search online for help.
10. Learn how to change into a directory in the Terminal. Again search online.
11. Use your editor to create a ﬁle in this directory. Make the ﬁle, “Save” or “Save As...”, and pick this directory.
12. Go back to Terminal using just the keyboard to switch windows. Look it up if you can’t ﬁgure it out.
13. Back in Terminal, see if you can list the directory to see your newly created ﬁle. Search online for how to list a directory. "
I made a directory in PowerShell but haven't got past that. Any help?
8. That depends on how you invoked the python command. If you invoked python from a PowerShell prompt, then the "I want to exit python" command (exit? quit? I don't know) will return you to the PowerShell prompt.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.