none
First time scripter

Question

• Okay, I am brand new to scripting. The most I've don't was edit some autoexecs for games. Yeah, pretty noobish. SO, lucky for you guys that my question is very simple too.

Really, all I want to do it make a notepad file that will open a few programs at once so that way I don't have to go through a short process to get Skyrim to open. Currently, I have to open an FPS booster, run Skyrim with the SKSE, then run my SBW. Pardon the nerd-language. Once again, run something to boost my frames, run a script extender which allows certain mods to work, then run a small program to get my windowed Skyrim to run in a borderless windowed full-screen mode. As I said I know little-nothing about scripting, but I figured it would be something as simple as:

run C:\(path to booster)

run C:\(path the SKSE)

wait x seconds for Skyrim to load up

run C:\(path to SBW)

Can anybody help me out with this? It would save me a lot of time, and probably encourage me to write other simple scripts for other things and therefore make me feel like i know what I'm doing.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Simple batch file:

REM simple.bat
    C:\(path to booster)
    C:\(path the SKSE)
    C:\(path to SBW)

Put in file and execute.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:51 PM
  • Do I have to put in the REM line? I figured I would just save it as (x).bat. Back-slashes I figure for going to the next subsequent folder instead of front too right?

Also is there a wait command or is that something Valve came up with for their games?

And of course, thanks!

• Edited by Magnivore Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:28 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:25 PM
  • The REM statement (a remark or comment) is optional. You can add a "Pause" command, which will wait until the user presses any key.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:29 PM
  • Do I have to put in the REM line? I figured I would just save it as (x).bat. Back-slashes I figure for going to the next subsequent folder instead of front too right?

Also is there a wait command or is that something Valve came up with for their games?

And of course, thanks!

For issues specific to your game software you will have to contact the vendor.

The following line will wai 3000 milliseconds:

ping 1.1.1.1 -w 3000 -n 1 >nul:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Okay I know I'm wrong, but this is what I have so far:

C:\Users\-=MY NAME=-\Desktop\FPS Booster V1.1.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\skse_loader.exe
    ping 1.1.1.1 -w 3000 -n 1 >nul:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\SBW.exe

It brought up a black box for a very brief period, then nothing happened. It's saved currently as 'simple.bat'

Also with that ping command it paused and said it's not a valid command, so I take it there's something I have to put it to tell it to execute/open the file/exe.
    • Edited by Magnivore Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:38 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:36 PM
  • As I posted, you have to contact the vendor for issues specific to your program.

You should also run this from a prompt until you find what errors you have in your typing.  If you need quotes or your aruments are wrong yu wil lnever see the errors if you are running from the GUI.

The lines with spaces in the path will need to be quoted.

None of this is about scriptin gbut is basic Windows.  It is how Windows works.  Perhaps you should take a little time to study the basics of the Windows interface and the Windows command ine.

Here is one of many tutorials: http://www.allenware.com/icsw/icswidx.htm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:00 PM
  • REM simple.cmd
    "C:\Users\-=MY NAME=-\Desktop\FPS Booster V1.1.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\skse_loader.exe" ping 1.1.1.1 -w 3000 -n 1 >nul: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\SBW.exe"
    pause

yet another tutorial http://www.animatedsoftware.com/faqs/learndos.htm

Gastone Canali >http://www.armadillo.it

Se alcuni post rispondono al tuo quesito (non necessariamente i miei), ricorda di contrassegnarli come risposta e non dimenticare di contrassegnare anche i post utili . GRAZIE!

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:19 PM