none
Scripting Log-on at System Start-up

問題

• Hi!

I want to realise the following idea:

1. The system (Win 7 Pro) starts.
    2. At the start-up it is fired the PowerShell script set up within the Policy Group - as one to be executed at start-up.
    3. The script determines the log-on one of the user defined in the system - the Guest. The Guest account is with no password.
    4. Within the Guest profile it is fired the application - IE9 in kiosk mode with specified web site to be shown (intarnet web with some presentation).

That's it. After the computer is switched on, the system starts with appropriate profile and application running with expected presentation.

The unclear issue for me is the point no. 3. How to prepare the PowerShell script in order to log-on the system as desired user at start-up?

Thank you in advance.

Bogdan

2012年2月17日 下午 03:10

解答

所有回覆

• Hi!

I want to realise the following idea:

1. The system (Win 7 Pro) starts.
    2. At the start-up it is fired the PowerShell script set up within the Policy Group - as one to be executed at start-up.
    3. The script determines the log-on one of the user defined in the system - the Guest. The Guest account is with no password.
    4. Within the Guest profile it is fired the application - IE9 in kiosk mode with specified web site to be shown (intarnet web with some presentation).

That's it. After the computer is switched on, the system starts with appropriate profile and application running with expected presentation.

The unclear issue for me is the point no. 3. How to prepare the PowerShell script in order to log-on the system as desired user at start-up?

Thank you in advance.

Bogdan

You cannot.

Set system through GP to log in automaticallly.

Do not use Guest account as it should not be enabled.  Create a specific account with a password.  The system can be set to remember the password an automaticaly log on on a restart.

Here is how to do this manully:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/auto-logon-windows-7.htm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2012年2月17日 下午 03:30
  • I thought you were describing something you had done.  Then I saw the sentence "I want to realise the following idea", and saw that it was but a dream.

What is the question, please?  Can you realise the idea?  I don't really know what that means.

Grant Ward, a.k.a. Bigteddy

What's new in Powershell 3.0 (Technet Wiki)

• 已編輯 Bigteddy 2012年2月17日 下午 03:34
    2012年2月17日 下午 03:31
  • 2012年2月17日 下午 03:35
  • The question is - as usually should be - right before the question mark... ;)

Nevertheless I have got the answer from jrv and try to implement it in my solution.

Have a nice day!

Bogdan

2012年2月17日 下午 03:46
  • Thanx a lot.

Bogdan

2012年2月17日 下午 03:48
  • The question is - as usually should be - right before the question mark... ;)

Nevertheless I have got the answer from jrv and try to implement it in my solution.

Have a nice day!

Bogdan

GP can  also set the initial shell that the system runs which is the most common way of launching a KIOSK.

IE can be configured to be locked in KIOSK mode. With no Explorer eloaded users cannot exit the KIOSK or change anything.

ctl-alt-del will get to a logon prompt so you can log into a new account.  This can also be blocked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2012年2月17日 下午 04:06
  • Hi again,

it looks, the advised way works for me - thx a lot !

Additional issue, I need to solve is the IE work on this machine, but displayed on few displays (4 different monitors). Every display is identified in the system as monitor 1..4. Every IE session is called with different address (sub-address) within my intranet web and shows different part of web presentation with some dynamic datas refreshed periodically.

Do you know, how direct the apllication window (IE session) to the specified display ? Is it some way to do it with PowerShell 2.0 script?

Regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan

2012年2月17日 下午 04:32
  • Hi again,

it looks, the advised way works for me - thx a lot !

Additional issue, I need to solve is the IE work on this machine, but displayed on few displays (4 different monitors). Every display is identified in the system as monitor 1..4. Every IE session is called with different address (sub-address) within my intranet web and shows different part of web presentation with some dynamic datas refreshed periodically.

Do you know, how direct the apllication window (IE session) to the specified display ? Is it some way to do it with PowerShell 2.0 script?

Regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan

New question - need new topic.

Muti-monitor issues should be asked in the Windows 7 forum.  It is a commandline issue. The monitor asignment is a utility.

You can use the raw API but the program has to be designed to use it.

An applicaiton ccan be assigned to a monitor.  I do not know if IE will remember its monitor settings correctly.  You will need to experiment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2012年2月17日 下午 04:44
  • Thx, I will make some experiments here and try the Win 7 forum.

Bogdan

2012年2月17日 下午 04:49