none
Unable to find exchange web services in global assembly cache!

    Question

  • I was configuring the site mailbox feature in my SharePoint 2013 Farm, and I followed this topic 

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj552524.aspx

    but When I'm trying to run the script, It shows me this warning "Unable to find exchange web services in global assembly cache!" then when I try the site mailbox, it gets me this error "One or more pre-requisites for connecting to Exchange Server could not be found. Please contact your system administrator to resolve this issue, and then try again."


    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:31 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Did you make sure that the Exchange Web Services client didn't have a previous version installed on the SharePoint Web Front End before you installed EwsManagedApi.msi?  The error you are getting suggests that EWS hasn't been installed on the SharePoint web front ends.

    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:34 PM
  • How can I check it?
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:36 PM
  • Check the GAC (c:\windows\assembly) for Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll .  If that doesn't exist then install EwsManagedApi.msi.  If it does exist check the build number of the file in the GAC and make sure its 15. something.  Otherwise its an earlier version and needs to be removed and replaced.

    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:48 PM
  • I checked the file and it was not there,, after removing EwsManagedApi and ReInstall it , it worked.

    But now there is another problem, when I try to upload a document through outlook it fails and through this error;

    WebException - Status:ProtocolError; Message:The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.;HttpStatusCode:Unauthorized;HttpStatusDescription:Unauthorized;HttpResponseUri:https://sharepoint.contoso.com/sites/Technet/_vti_bin/client.svc/ProcessQuery;ServerMicrosoft-IIS/8.0;ClientMachine:MBS;ResponseHeaders:{x-ms-diagnostics:3001000;reason="There has been an error authenticating the request.";category="invalid_client"}{SPRequestGuid:77796cb0-6f60-432e-aeb4-db4b758b1992}{request-id:77796cb0-6f60-432e-aeb4-db4b758b1992}{X-FRAME-OPTIONS:SAMEORIGIN}{client-request-id:77796cb0-6f60-432e-aeb4-db4b758b1992}{SPRequestDuration:331}{SPIisLatency:1}{Server:Microsoft-IIS/8.0}{WWW-Authenticate:Bearer realm="0835208e-d026-4fe2-8f33-b35a8eecbfa4",client_id="00000003-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000",trusted_issuers="00000005-0000-0000-c000-000000000000@*,00000002-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000@Contoso.COM,00000004-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000@Contoso.COM,00000003-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000@0835208e-d026-4fe2-8f33-b35a8eecbfa4",NTLM,Basic realm="SharePoint.contoso.com"}{X-Powered-By:ASP.NET}{MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices:15.0.0.4420}{X-Content-Type-Options:nosniff}{X-MS-InvokeApp:1; RequireReadOnly}{Date:Thu, 02 Jan 2014 07:09:04 GMT}{Content-Length:453};ResponseStream:{"error_description":"The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs."}


    • Edited by AmrHamam Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:28 AM
    Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Sorry, but I'm not sure what that error is about.  I would suggest re-doing all the other setup steps in the article you originally referenced now that the EWS dll is in place.  The errror you are getting is an App authentication error.  I assume there is something in the setup steps that takes care of that.

    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

    Thursday, January 02, 2014 12:12 PM
  • I followed this topic and its ok now when using client access service ,,,, 

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/mspfe/archive/2013/04/04/new-age-collaboration-with-exchange-2013-and-sharepoint-2013-part-2.aspx

    Sunday, January 05, 2014 11:55 AM