none
Manage Web Site permission specifics

Dotaz

• Is there a list or matrix of what "Manage Web Site" permission breaks down to? "Perform administrative tasks" is not exactly specific. In other words, what Site Collection Administration settings and Site Settings are mapped to that permission, specfically? For example, I gather from other posts that edit content organizer rules and audit settings are. (can't find info anywhere, did I miss it?)

Thanks,

Joan

6. května 2012 22:59

Odpovědi

• Ok, the difference between (1) all permissions except Manage Web Site, Manage Permissions, and Create Subsites granular permissions, and (2) all permissions plus Manage Web Site (but still not Manage Permissions and Create Subsites) is the following:

What the Site Settings page shows for a user with (1) all permissions except Manage Web Site, Manage Permissions, and Create Subsites:

Under "Users and Permissions" (because the Enumerate Permissions granular permission is checked)

• People and Groups
    • Site permissions

Under "Galleries"

• Site columns
    • Site content types
    • Web parts
    • Master pages and page layouts
    • Themes
    • Solutions

Under "Site Administration"

• Regional settings
    • Site libraries and lists
    • User alerts
    • Content and structure

Under "Look and Feel"

• Title, description, and icon
    • Master page
    • Site theme
    • Navigation

Under "Site Actions"

• Site web analytics reports
    • Site Collection web analytics reports

For a user with (2) all permissions plus Manage Web Site, all the above settings plus:

Under "Galleries"

• List templates

• RSS
    • Search and offline availablity
    • Workflow settings
    • Term store management
    • Site output cache
    • Searchable columns

Under "Look and Feel"

• Welcome Page
    • Page layouts and site templates
    • Tree view

Under "Site Actions"

• Manage site features
    • Reset to site definition
    • Delete this site

Also adds the "Reporting Services" section with:

• Manage Shared Schedules
    • Manage Services Site Settings

15. května 2012 17:02

Všechny reakce

• Hello,

Yor question is not quiet clear. So assuming you have the query on sharepoint (with MOSS 2007) site collection and subsite permissions, I continue.

In Sharepoint, we can manage permissions at any level (Site/subsite/list/library/folder/file etc.)

Permissions management is a part of all of above mentioned levels settings. By-default, all the new items created have an option selected to inherit permissions from its parent.

Please refer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/CH010124858.aspx

Hope this helps,

-Regards, Rohan Chittyal --------------------------------------------------------------

7. května 2012 2:02
  • HI,

Go to Permissions level page of your site and then check what permissions have been given to "Manage WebSite".

The site collection administrator means control over entire site collection

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

7. května 2012 2:23
  • Hi,

What is your SharePoint server’s version?

If it were SharePoint 2010, this is greatly improved by the introduction of some new tools around security allowing you to:

View site collection permissions for a group

Check permissions for a particular user or group on a site or list

Show uniquely secured content on a site

Next, you can use a third party tool to manage permission, finally, you can get a list of permissions for each individual user through object mode:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010setup/thread/6b16b407-203b-4c5b-9605-713904e9b22e

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

7. května 2012 2:46
  • Sorry I did not make clear. The granular permission "Manage Web Site" (one of the 33 specific permissions you can set individually), SharePoint 2010. Did not mean how do I manage a web site. What settings are "turned on" and become visible in the "Site Settings" page when that permission is assigned. Just wondering if someone had that already. I can find out by experimenting myself but not until next week (currently away). If no answer by then, will do next week and post here. I know Content Organizer Rules is one setting that becomes available because another poster needed to turn that on and found out that "Manage Web Site" permission was needed, but not sure what other.

8. května 2012 21:25
  • I am asking my Site Admin to try it out but he is also out of the office until next week...if I had to guess then everything that appears in the Site Administration would be what this granular permission manages (i.e. Regional Settins, Site libraries and lists, User alerts, RSS, search and offline availability, workflow settings, etc.).
    11. května 2012 15:49
  • Ok, the difference between (1) all permissions except Manage Web Site, Manage Permissions, and Create Subsites granular permissions, and (2) all permissions plus Manage Web Site (but still not Manage Permissions and Create Subsites) is the following:

What the Site Settings page shows for a user with (1) all permissions except Manage Web Site, Manage Permissions, and Create Subsites:

Under "Users and Permissions" (because the Enumerate Permissions granular permission is checked)

• People and Groups
    • Site permissions

Under "Galleries"

• Site columns
    • Site content types
    • Web parts
    • Master pages and page layouts
    • Themes
    • Solutions

• Regional settings
    • Site libraries and lists
    • User alerts
    • Content and structure

Under "Look and Feel"

• Title, description, and icon
    • Master page
    • Site theme
    • Navigation

Under "Site Actions"

• Site web analytics reports
    • Site Collection web analytics reports

For a user with (2) all permissions plus Manage Web Site, all the above settings plus:

Under "Galleries"

• List templates

• RSS
    • Search and offline availablity
    • Workflow settings
    • Term store management
    • Site output cache
    • Searchable columns

Under "Look and Feel"

• Welcome Page
    • Page layouts and site templates
    • Tree view

Under "Site Actions"

• Manage site features
    • Reset to site definition
    • Delete this site

Also adds the "Reporting Services" section with:

• Manage Shared Schedules
    • Manage Services Site Settings

15. května 2012 17:02
  • Hi,

as it seems the "Manage Web Site" permission is also necessary to move pages on a publishing site under content and structure.

Ben

21. října 2013 10:21