none
Is it possible to have either an excel or word doc that is already opened on the home page?

Frage

• Hoping this is a rather basic and straight fwd question from a new user (ver 3)

I want to "post" an excel or word doc to the site home page that is already opened and therefore readily visible to users without them having to hunt for this doc in a library or list and then "click" to open.  I will then use hyper-links within this excel doc to other parts of the site, to improve infrequent user navigation.

Is this possible and if, so what are the steps for going about this.

Thanks

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 00:54

Antworten

• Go to the document library where the document resides. Simply copy the hyperlink from there and then you can use that link anywhere you want.

>> I will then use hyper-links within this excel doc to other parts of the site, to improve infrequent user navigation.

However, I don't understand why you'd need to use a document to implement navigation of a site. It doesn't sound like the right approach unless I'm missing the point. Why not use the home page of the site, quick launch navigation, etc. to design the site according to requirements? If are using a document for that purpose, then you don't need SharePoint.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 01:56
  • Just use links list and put that list as webpart on the main page. you can update the links list any time and the result reflects straight on the main page.

Other way is to use the main home page to  use to add for Hyperlink.

Aniket

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 05:58

Alle Antworten

• Go to the document library where the document resides. Simply copy the hyperlink from there and then you can use that link anywhere you want.

>> I will then use hyper-links within this excel doc to other parts of the site, to improve infrequent user navigation.

However, I don't understand why you'd need to use a document to implement navigation of a site. It doesn't sound like the right approach unless I'm missing the point. Why not use the home page of the site, quick launch navigation, etc. to design the site according to requirements? If are using a document for that purpose, then you don't need SharePoint.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 01:56
  • Just use links list and put that list as webpart on the main page. you can update the links list any time and the result reflects straight on the main page.

Other way is to use the main home page to  use to add for Hyperlink.

Aniket

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 05:58