none
Web office deployment on my company's internet site

Frage

• I have a Sharepoint Server 2010 Enterprise Edition installed on my company's domain Internet Site. I have recently studied "Guide for IT Pros for Office Web Apps (installed on Sharepoint 2010 Products)" from microsoft web site, on page 30 of the Guide was mentioned " Office Web Apps cannot be installed on SharePoint trial editions or SharePoint Server 2010 for Internet Sites", on the other hand I have Office Web Apps installed on it as well. The question is whether is it possible to provide Office Web service to my online company's users. If not what's the problem?
    Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 04:04

Antworten

• At this point I would be more concerned about the licences, and legalities.

This is not an open website correct, Internet facing with open access turned on or anything like that correct?

If this is just an Extranet, and you all already have Standard Office 2010 licensing that would be fine.

But you main question of is it supported; that you should probably talk to them directly.

Chuck

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 09:57

Alle Antworten

• Ok, you have this installed already?

If so have you activated the feature on the site collection?

If you have then did you look at any Document library to see if the library by default is set to have documents open in browser?

Chuck

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 07:23
  • Regarding the deployment and other technical issues, we haven't encounter any problem, as a matter of fact everything works well. As I mentioned in the former post, in the"Guide" I studied from Microsoft on page 30, after requirements there is a sentence " Office Web Apps cannot be installed on .................. SharePoint Server 2010 for Internet Sites" which makes me worry. I need to know whether providing Office Web Apps to my online company's user in Internet Sites is against Microsoft Policy or makes would-be future technical problems?
    Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 08:55
  • At this point I would be more concerned about the licences, and legalities.

This is not an open website correct, Internet facing with open access turned on or anything like that correct?

If this is just an Extranet, and you all already have Standard Office 2010 licensing that would be fine.

But you main question of is it supported; that you should probably talk to them directly.

Chuck

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 09:57