none
Project List Dates: Gantt view dates one day earlier than all other views?

Question

• First off, I'm new to using Sharepoint Foundation 2010 and learning it via trial-by-fire. I've seen similar issues when searching online, but only for software other than sharepoint.

When users add items to a project list, they enter in the start date and due date for the item. These dates appear fine in all views except the gantt chart view, where each date shows as one day earlier.

ie. If the task starts on March 8th, it says March 8th in most of the list views. In gantt, March 7th is displayed.

I'm sure it's something incredibly simple that I am overlooking. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:38 PM

All replies

• Why it shows for due date is a by default behaviour where the task ranges from start date to a date before the due date.

Why the start date goes one day before is a bit wierd.

Can you try on another project list type list.

Varun Malhotra
    =================
    If my post solves your problem could you mark the post as Answered or Vote As Helpful if my post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:28 AM
  • On a seperate site, I tried adding a new task as you suggested. Same problem.
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:19 PM
  • Update: The start date and due date were set to date only. We switched the columns to date and time. Because the original entries were entered without a time, it defaulted to 12am. Our server is set to UTC-6. If we look at the tasks in gantt view, the time for each task is 6 hours before the actual start/due date time, effectively taking each date to the day before. In the other views, the time is set correctly. I see no time zone settings for specific views.

The users, which are created using default settings, are set to 'Always follow web settings'. However, if we override this setting to UTC-0, the dates are no longer being afflicted in the gantt view.

Still scratching my head at this one...

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:57 PM
  • I am having the same issue and scratching my head as well.  The gantt view is doing a calcuation on the data originally entered using the timezone offset.  It seems like a simple configuration oversite but not obvious to me yet...
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:56 PM
  • Did anyone find the fix for this. My Start Dates in Gantt view only keep showing one day sooner than they are too.  But they are correct in the record and other views.

Linda Chapman | SharePoint Consultant | My Blog: http://LindaChapman.BlogSpot.com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/LindaChapman

Monday, August 05, 2013 11:25 PM